250 raptor?

ok i love 2strokes asmuch as the next guy but have u guys road a raptor 250 or own one..they are top of there class which lets say there class aint got anything in it..im just saying the quad wasnt meant for a 300lb old guy..its an entry level quad..All though its not a f*ckin power house the suspension on it is great.And a great quad for young riders..

It does exactly what it's designed to do. It's an affordable entry level machine that's reliable, fun to ride, and makes it an easier transition if/when the rider moves up to a more powerful machine. Yamaha didn't intend them to go crazy fast, nor did suzuki or honda when they designed their 250's. Beginner riders shouldn't have a lot of power anyways, it'll just get them in trouble, and if they want something faster, well, that's what bigger, faster quads are for. If yamaha wanted to they could have made that little 250 just as quick as a z400, but why would they want to do that? It would raise the cost to the consumer, decrease it's market share, and decrease reliability.

ok a blaster 200 is small for a kid to fit on but has balls so an adult can ride it also without being intimidated like a kid.
so kids can granny ride it and adults can beat it.

now yamaha has a gap in their family since 2strokes ended

baby 50's 90's then the rap350 wich was supposed to be the new blaster but is too big for kids and not strong enough for adults so it was an akward fit.
the yfz is a full breed racer not intended to be beat or for beginers.

yamahas only choice was to make a quad the size of a blaster but they couldnt have the power of a blaster so they made it relativly the same size and signifigantly weaker and they need people to buy it. so they say its better then the old entry level blaster, even tho its not. they lie because that small weak thing will get parents to buy it for kids, and they are gearing the yfz towards people who want to go fast, they simple realized they cant have an all in one package like the blaster it was a one time deal and they cant go back.

sorry for typing an essay theres just so many points to discuss and i wasnt sure where to start just ask what i mean about any part u dont get and il try my best to tell u what im trying to say. sorry im unclear

the raptor 350 was DEFINITELY not intended to replace the blaster. The raptor 350 is simply the half-assed reincarnation of the warrior. The 250 was intended to take the blaster's place in the lineup, and that's what it did. It's not as fast, but an entry level machine doesn't need to be. It just needs to be a basic, easy to ride, easy to maintain machine. The 250 fits those requirements.

The gap in yamaha's lineup, in my opinion, is between the 250 and the 700. The raptor 350's design is long past it's prime, and yamaha has been long overdue to build a 400 4 stroke that will stay competitive in line with the z400 and 400ex. The 350 really doesn't fit into the linup anymore. There's no excuse for the raptor 250 being more high-tech, better suspended, and better built than the 350, supposedly a higher-up model.

2 strokes are no longer part of the big picture as far as new quads go, so there will never be another machine like the blaster in yamaha's lineup. There's just no way to build a 4 stroke that's as light and fast as the blaster while still keeping it cheap. At least they didn't completely sell out and make it a shaft driven auto clutch like honda and suzuki.

What do you think yamaha should have built to replace the blaster as opposed to the current raptor 250? I know, ideally they would have kept the blaster, but at least yamaha held out longer than suzuki, honda, and kawasaki. Those guys cut out their 2 strokes 15-20 years ago. I don't think there's ever going to be a shortage of blasters anyways, they will always be around and so will the parts to keep them going.

yea the raptor was definatley not made to take theplace of the blaster. The raptor 350 is very similar to the warrior, its an updated version of the warrior, and has been arouund just as long as teh blaster, i think 1 more year

Yes in deed those Raptor 250s are very nice machines. We attened a quad national 2 weeks ago and my sons stock bore balster put the woop on 2 10,000 dollar plus raptors. It was a killer race down to the last lap, and then i think fitness came in to toll.

i would say the blaster would win, but with all the downsides, just so everyone knows!! I CAN OUT RUN A STOCK RAPTOR 250 WITH MY LTZ 250!!! and yes the lil Z is heavier and shaft driven, but the raptor 250 was just no match!! and my lil Z will actually keep right up with my blaster (with +3 stroker) except on the road!!! my point is like paulie said, the raptor 250 was way over rated in all the reviews, the only thing it had on my Z was a softer suspension!! and there is nothing yamaha can ever do to replace the blaster!! they can replace it in a class yes, but for overall quad, it will never be matched by yamaha for what it was!

i beat a raptor 350 by over 2 car lengths so a 250 raptor should be no problem at all

that is BS, i loved my blaster, but me and my buddy, both coming off blasters to 450s this year, were 1-2 in sportsman last year on our blasters, were riding them on the track a couple weeks ago. the raptor 250 is a very capable machine. suspension geometry is amazing compared te the blaster, way more room to lean, and overall a better bike stock for stock, mod for od would be a diferent story though

that is BS, i loved my blaster, but me and my buddy, both coming off blasters to 450s this year, were 1-2 in sportsman last year on our blasters, were riding them on the track a couple weeks ago. the raptor 250 is a very capable machine. suspension geometry is amazing compared te the blaster, way more room to lean, and overall a better bike stock for stock, mod for od would be a diferent story though

when i see one that i can say this about...then ill beleive it!!

like i said i own both and yes the raptor 250 has better suspension and it feels like your riding a 450..but my blaster beats the sh*t out of it all the way through the gears...and it is very tipsy like ever damn raptor they make ....

like i said i own both and yes the raptor 250 has better suspension and it feels like your riding a 450..but my blaster beats the sh*t out of it all the way through the gears...and it is very tipsy like ever damn raptor they make ....

yea tell em big d lol =))lmao ill take a raptor 250 if it has a bad ass blaster motor and strech it out widen it and beat the snott out of it ya dig lol I:I

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BUT THATS JUST ME B-)