030.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 361
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 353
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 368
interesting but it sure is ugly ,seems the real question is :what kind of times does it run ? was it worth doing considering the time and expense involved ?

:clap thank you for posting more pics of the setup. thats a well hidden turbo, couldn't see it at all from the first pics you posted. how do you manage your A/F ratios at various boost pressures?

there is a regulator mounted up by the electric fule pump..it is activated by boost..2 or 3 more psi fuel per lb of boost. looks to be a blow through set up..we need vids and times!!! nice set up btw!

ive got news for you guys,a turbo wont work as well as you guys think on that type of 2 cycle engine.I doubt he gets much of a gain at all if any.Think about how a turbo works,and how the 2 stroke engine works,they dont jive to well together.

Its kinda like putting a turbo on your r/c car,pointless

The news you have is wrong.
I've seen enough turbos on 2 strokes to know they work.

89custom since your the knowing source of blasters and everything to do with them, why dont you shed a little light on how you would run a turbo setup with a out of frame drag pipe???? tweaking on anyone that had to say anything negative about it chutzell is about as clueless as you, the fastest twin cylinder banshee(in the world) is a turbo scimitar cyl built by a&s racing and won the planet sand race last year running a 3.30 @97mph in 300 ft

Welp you have to get technical if your gonna go there.
Angel Morales holds that record 3.28 @ 97.7 with a twin powered banshee.
Pretty sure they run in a differnt class the A&S.
But it's whatever both are pretty f*cking fast!
And yes A&S was using a turbo on a 2 stroke ;)

08 is when a&s set that record, didnt think/remember that yes morales did break it this year, just sparying the piss outta it. that post was to clarify for chutzell that turbos will work on 2 stroke as well and if not better then a 4 stroke.....still waiting for 89notsocustom to explain the proper turbo set up

please explain what you are doing or what "your buddies" are doing to keep the air/fuel from just blowing out the exhaust.Or better yet,tell me how a turbo works and then ill shoot your OPINIONS down,because as of now thats all you got,i speek from experiance.

by the way i wasnt trying to upset anyone just stating a fact,why must you take it to heart and delete my post?If it was such a great thing to do you would see everyone doing it wouldnt you think?

id be curious to see a video of this thing running,what i can tell you is your not going to start with a 50hp engine then slap a turbo on it and get 100hp.Ill be waiting for that video,im actually excited because i want to see this blaster with 100hp!

please explain what you are doing or what "your buddies" are doing to keep the air/fuel from just blowing out the exhaust.Or better yet,tell me how a turbo works and then ill shoot your OPINIONS down,because as of now thats all you got,i speek from experiance.

by the way i wasnt trying to upset anyone just stating a fact,why must you take it to heart and delete my post?If it was such a great thing to do you would see everyone doing it wouldnt you think?

What you have to understand with the exhaust thing.
The reason it doesn't all 'just blow out the exhaust'
is because the intake and exhaust are only open together a few thousands of a sec. per stroke.
I'm sure some gets blown out but alot more stays in.
Look around turbo 2 strokes are out there.
Boondocker sells a nice bolt on 400hp kit for sleds.
I think it was trick racing that sells a bolt on kit for a Shee.
Obviously A&S has a kit that works VERY well.
If remember correctly their record holding twin was only 800 and some cc's.

im not trying to convince you of anything you can believe whatever you want thats gonna be your problem,but your right the trans and exhaust ports are only open a few tho of a sec but the exhaust if its a drag bike is usually open anywhere from 200 to 215 degrees of crank rotation.That means you only have a few tho to pack your air fuel in there

by the way these sleds you talk of are more then capable of producing 400hp WITHOUT a turbo,thats what im trying to get through,you do not need a turbo to get big numbers

by the way these sleds you talk of are more then capable of producing 400hp WITHOUT a turbo,thats what im trying to get through,you do not need a turbo to get big numbers

I'm talking about a 1000cc 2 stroke motor.
There ain't no way it will make 400 hp by itself and you know thats right.

Turboing a two stroke nets some extremely impressive gains. I've yet to see a naturally aspirated sled engine make even close to 400hp though haha. But, one thing to understand here is that the portiing setup for a turbo motor is completely different than a naturally aspirated one in that the turbo motors favor less exhaust timing and more transfer timing so running in a naturally aspirated form would make an engine that has a nice subtle low to mid power curve and falls on it's face early in the RPM's. That being said I have to question the ability of a blaster motor setup for a turbo to make 50 hp in a naturally aspirated form.