240 vitos kit with stock carb

kyle24

Jan 26, 2011
I have heard alot of people saying that a stock carb is not a good choice for the vitos 240 kit which i agree with but it can be done which i am sure some people have figured out but i just wanted to share what i did to mine to make it work so if anyone else has the same problem
First off i already had a dyno jet kit from fmf which came with a couple of choices of jets but the biggest one was a 360 and this is the one that i used with this installed it still had to much air so i went up a notch on the needle and set the idle screw to the standard setting which i believe is two and a half turns out and that was it very simple i took it out for a ride in the perry county apv park here in ohio and the it ran great for nearly five hours with not one problem i will eventually upgrade to a bigger carb but for those of you who dont have the extra money after buying the vitos kit or whatever for a new carb the stock carb will work fine with the right jetting

Phew! wow i was out of breath after reading that looong sentence!

yes, you can run the stock carb, jetting is obviously critical and specific to any engine.