200cc to 300cc is it possible?

Keener

May 12, 2011
Prairie City, Il
Ok i was looking into a motor that's been already built up but the person claims its bored and stroked to a 300cc but the biggest iv heard is like 280cc. Is the person full of it or is this really possible? If so what would this cost to build?

They are incorrect unless this is a FULLY built drag engine and the price should reflect that ($5,000 I would suspect for the engine alone)

Chances are they are just doing the math incorrectly.

no like svic said unless its a drag engine the biggest blaster motor ive heard is a 265cc big bore kit from trinity racing

((YES)) Trinity Racing made a 300cc big bore stroker kit for the blaster in the 90's.... The 300cc and 280cc kit was advertised for $1.599.99 and the 265cc was advertised for $799.99 and the 240cc was advertised for $499.99..

Those old trinity setups are as rare an engine setup as you can run across... they were EXPENSIVE back then and most of the people who ran them were running them drag so they didn't last long.

Like I said, 300cc is POSSIBLE but only if the price reflects it...

Reactions: 2001redblaster
((YES)) Trinity Racing made a 300cc big bore stroker kit for the blaster in the 90's.... The 300cc and 280cc kit was advertised for $1.599.99 and the 265cc was advertised for $799.99 and the 240cc was advertised for $499.99..

wow thats interesting. wouldnt mind running across one of those kits lol

I didn't think you could go that big. This guy said he flat tracked with this motor but i checked out the chassis set up, all its had done was the front wheels flipped and plastic cut and looking like crap. So im just going to save up and put a few grand in my motor after i get a new frame.

You can get 300cc out of a blaster,I've heard of a 305cc but they were having cooling problems and the cylinder castings were splitting in half because the castings were to thin after installing the larger sleeve,I think they were using 78mm pistons but I'm not sure.