2006 Yamaha Blaster Wont Start, Need Help!

Trevor

Sep 3, 2014
Okay I was riding my blaster around the trails about 4-5 days ago and when I pulled out from the trail, the ATV was starting to bog down as if the kill switch was flicked off. When this happened, the quad wanted to just completely turn off, so I had to give it about quarter throttle to make it back home with out it just completly turning off. As soon as I started going up a hill the quad just couldn't take any more and died. Since then I haven't been able to start it and I have done a compression check on it and it was fine, the carb was getting a nice clean flow of gas from the tank, the spark pulg is fine, i replaced it about three weeks ago, and it gives a nice blue spark, the carb is tuned as close to perfect as it could ever get. When I try to start it it doesn't even want to turn over. Im pretty sure it has something to do with the eletrical. Please help!

Check in on your reeds. Sounds like one might have broken off.
Hey man, I have an 01 Yamaha blaster. Its has No Spark at all. Iv replaced the stator, cdi box, and the spark plug coil. I replaced the coil the other day and it fired rite up. Went to kick it the next mourning and it had no spark. Amy ideas?

Hey man, I have an 01 Yamaha blaster. Its has No Spark at all. Iv replaced the stator, cdi box, and the spark plug coil. I replaced the coil the other day and it fired rite up. Went to kick it the next mourning and it had no spark. Amy ideas?
I've seen faulty plug wire end caps produce those symptoms. Not sure if you have tried that yet.

What kind of stator did you replace it with
Corrosion in the plug wire end (cap) the part that snaps onto the spark plug.........I Had the same issue. If you have a stock coil just cut a small section of the coil wire off where the old cap was ,go get urself a nice ngk plug end a screw it back on....5 bucks or so. Also make sure all your wire connections are clean. ....along with all ground points. I have a stock stator. Also check your ignition switch connections and all ignition inhibit switches. On my blaster i condensed my ignition system down to a few wires and got rid of everything but the handle bar switch.

Last edited:
Hey I have a 2001 blaster it has. No spark at all before it was revving up high with a little of throttle and a back fire after and after trying to fix it and started the bike like 3 times it does not have spark no more I jetted the carb put new piston and bored the head it has compression and carb it's getting good fuel someone help me

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/my-blaster-dont-have-spark.62063/#post-773306
You already have a thread going for your issue. Posting here will only cofuse your issue.