2006 yamaha blaster question

Found one in my Dropbox.
image.jpg

Set float level.

Make sure it is not flooding.

Select correct jetting.

Adjust idle.

Make sure the filter is not too wet with oil.

Push the choke off.

Is there something stuck in the inlet, it has been known for a sock to be stuffed in the airbox.

No matter what others may say, do not run it without an air filter.
The choke is off, the filter is good, i ajusted the idle on fmf site it says to put a 260main jet because of the exhaust so i put a 270 because i have auni air filter and the carb is not flooding

There must be a restriction somewhere, ?

Please list all your mods, type of 2 stroke oil, injection or pre mix, ratio.

Lid on or off, snorkel removed ect:

What spark plug.

if you never took carb apart then knows the time to do it,there maybe other issues but if you cant address them right know then atleast you can check your carb out for free and a can of carb cleaner...

View attachment 9640

somewhat of an idea at least:)

Theres a cable that i cant remove so i cant take my carb apart i dont kow how to r
Tuning a carb without first leak testing is never a good idea.

1st- pm member AWK08 and order a leak tester
2nd- search and read this forum while tester is on the way
3rd- get a compression tester and check compression
3rd- leak test motor
4th- delete TORS and parking brake sensor (you will know what this is after you do step 2)
5th- give your carb a GOOD cleaning and install a 290 main jet (leave pilot and needle stock)
6th- do a plug chop
7th- report results

IMO every member who wrenches on their bike should have at least a leak tester, compression tester, and torque wrench.

if you never took carb apart then knows the time to do it,there maybe other issues but if you cant address them right know then atleast you can check your carb out for free and a can of carb cleaner...

View attachment 9640

somewhat of an idea at least:)

Theres a little cable that stops me from taking the carb how do i remove it without breaking it

If you refer to the oil injection line, you pry back the brass ferrule and then gently remove the line with a small blade driver.

Let me check the oil properties.

okay but it worked well until i put my full fmf and my 270 main jet should i put oil in my gas? and thats not the kind on ipone i in my atv
images
this is the oil i put in my atv

Last edited:
if you really want to be ghetto about it and scared to take carb off,undo the hose clamps that connect the carb to the boots, rotate carb ,then you will be able to access the bottom of carb"float bowl",then you can clean pilot and main jet float bowl,whatever.....HOW DID YOU PUT A 270 MAIN JET IN IT IF YOU CANT GET THE CARB OFF???? IM CONFUSED

her yah go blaaster with definition for yah if anyone want to save this image and post it to people in distress be my guest :) :) cheers

carb with text 1.jpg

Last edited:
if you really want to be ghetto about it and scared to take carb off,undo the hose clamps that connect the carb to the boots, rotate carb ,then you will be able to access the bottom of carb"float bowl",then you can clean pilot and main jet float bowl,whatever.....HOW DID YOU PUT A 270 MAIN JET IN IT IF YOU CANT GET THE CARB OFF???? IM CONFUSED

I was wondering that exact question. I guess he loosened the clamps, spun it, and took the bowl off.

I just tilted it like you said and i found the problem the jet was to big the stock is to smal im ganna put a 250 in

Whoa whoa buddy, you need at least a 270 if not 280 in there...

Jets arnt changed for fun, they are changed because they need to be.

Leak test your motor, then jet it

Reactions: bummer981
Last edited by a moderator:
but its "STRAWBERRY SCENTED"? yeah you should look into that i just ran yamalube 2s when i had oil injection still connected..some oils are not made for injection...some say "premix only"

yamalube2soil.jpg

Last edited: