2006 Blaster Lighting issue

Bradlngly

Apr 20, 2015
Michigan
Bought a 2006 blaster .... Got it home and there was no headlight bulb. Ordered 1 and installed it and nothing ... Quad has had the oil deletion process and has no tail light ... From what i can c the lighting wire comes from the cdi to the voltage reg. and then through the switch and then to the bulb .. how much votage should i have at each point ... Any info would help thx guys!!

the voltage regulator's blow on them!!
but even whith a bad voltage regulator it would light up
till you rev it then===it would blow
check the stator?
is there a lighting coil on it?

i bought a voltage regulator from here.http://www.mfgsupply.com/atv.html
but like i said whith bad voltage regulatror it will light a bulb....till you rev the engine at all
lol:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Bradlngly
the voltage regulator's blow on them!!
but even whith a bad voltage regulator it would light up
till you rev it then===it would blow
check the stator?
is there a lighting coil on it?

i bought a voltage regulator from here.http://www.mfgsupply.com/atv.html
but like i said whith bad voltage regulatror it will light a bulb....till you rev the engine at all
lol:D

No lighting coil on the diagram goes from cdi to voltage reg to switch to light.... but no new bulb doesn't light up at all

ah there is a lighting coli in the generator .... So i wonder how many volts im supposed to have from the cdi... If thats not right then its probably the lighting coil ur right .... Do u know the volts for testing....

ah there is a lighting coli in the generator .... So i wonder how many volts im supposed to have from the cdi... If thats not right then its probably the lighting coil ur right .... Do u know the volts for testing....

the CDI is part of the ignition and is completely seperate from the lighting circut.
no wires should go from the CDI to the voltage regulator or any switches.

this is a simple wiring diagram without any TORS wiring
f3x8c1.jpg

Reactions: Bradlngly