2004 blaster speed

langlais23

Apr 27, 2014
I am wondering what the top speed of a stock 04 blaster is? And then what would be the top speed with a big bore kit, phantom aftermarket exhaust, and a k&n air filter...would it increase my speed and by how much...so what would be the top speed with these mods?

Stock, depending on the amount of air in the rear tires is 50-60. Mostly, it's right around 55. With those mods, you won't be any faster unless you gear it. I'd say about 70 with gearing.

Money would be more wisely spent on a re-cut head, a pipe, UNI filter, and a port job. That extra 40cc is cool, but it won't put down the power of a ported stock jug.

With a good pipe, filter, head, and port, it should turn close to 80 with the right gearing. It won't make it there like a 450 4T or a higher end 2 stroke will, but it'll do it.

/\ /\ My sentiments exactly! In a straight line!

Add inexperienced rider and some corners and bumps and it ain't going to get there.

Mine with porting and head mod will do 53 ish on a road.

i have small rear tires too. Plan on bigger front sprocket and rear tires, estimated to push 65-70 mph. again, on a road

I rarely get above 40 on the trails

Come to my track lol. We have some super tight, 1st gear sections, followed by a 200m fast curve, a 200m straight, and a 1/4 mile straight. Total length is right over 3/4 mile. 75+ on the Banshee and the R on the long straight. The poor little Blaster is pegged out for a good 5-6 seconds lol. My Banshee almost tops out in 5th on the straight, but I can pull right under 100 on the blacktop in 6th.

I always look at whether I'm shifting too much. If I can go up with gearing and have enough power at the wheels, I do it. However, this track ended up needing a gearing that I could maintain 1st through the tight sections. Any higher and I couldn't slide it when I need it, and any lower and I'd be either winding out or shifting into second momentarily.

I have heard rumors of something called too much power (whatever that is). They say you don't want to have so much power that you punch it and wind up in the briars or up a tree. If you ask me, I think it's a bunch of bullshit. 100+mph trail machine FTW.

Last edited: