2004 blaster 200cc in a go kart?

greenwood65

Nov 15, 2009
been trying to put a 200cc blaster in my racing phoenix go-kart. just wondering for any tips. really are wondering if in fact i need the whole wiring harness or can i run it without it any ideas are welcome.

thanks,
Luke

well im pretty sure the wires that hook things up are needed...... you may not need the whole harness but i know you will need alot of the wires. Not only to ground the engine but also to use the magneto and throttle kill switch. are you planning on using the thumb throttle or are you gonna do different? if so the throttle cable is gonna have to be custom fitted to work. you may also need to custom fit a clutch cable. and how are you gonna shift?

but im not there nor do i know what all your trying to do. just ideas and hopefully an answer to your question.

its going to be throttle cable. driven, its already hooked up. and for the shifter i used an old motocrosee lever as my shifter handle where you can shift it right on the side

haha ill post pics tonight. its almost done, just figuring out the wiring, where the fuel and oil cells are going to go are a little bit of a complicated task.(thats all thats lleft

Hey guys, it's a cool project, but haven't any of you heard of shifter carts? It's not really so far fetched that the dude needs to put up pics for proof. (Pics are always appreciated though...)

thanks doc speeder. I always planned on doing it. hell they put 1000cc onboard of these karts. a 200cc shouldnt be that hard, just takes some figuring out the little things. but ill send you guys proof haha doesnt bother me. the more you see the more you can help