2003 Yamaha Blaster with Toomey Silencer

john65002

Sep 9, 2014
I have a 2003 Blaster and just bought a Toomey silencer for it. Now I am pushed on money so thats why I only have the silencer for now. Do I need to rejet with the stock front chamber on it? I know the silencer wont make a huge difference but didn't know if I need to rejet yet.

I have a 2003 Blaster and just bought a Toomey silencer for it. Now I am pushed on money so thats why I only have the silencer for now. Do I need to rejet with the stock front chamber on it? I know the silencer wont make a huge difference but didn't know if I need to rejet yet.
I had a DG type II and the stock header on mine for years. I never messed with the jetting because the performance gain was so little. Last year I put on a full fmf exhaust system, v force 4 reeds, k and n filter and a over sized piston. That's when I decided to re-jet mine because I wasn't any faster than a stock blaster.

Last edited:
It always pays to play safe, if in doubt, plug chop to confirm that the jetting is correct, a $5 plug can save an expensive rebuild!