2002 blaster

alloffroad4life

Mar 25, 2010
Hello everyone, my blaster is a 2002. It was currently running great up until my last trip i took with it. Normally it starts 1st-2nd kick everytime. Well this last trip, it was running good when i noticed it was bogging a little bit. Well i took the plug out and it looked a little fouled so i cleaned it off and put it back in and it helped with the bogging. Well after riding for more it would not kick start at all, everyonce in a while it would kick start. It will bump start real quick and easy but wont kick. Any suggestions? I know it could prob use a top end rebuild but i dont belive thats whats stopping it from getting kick started.

Check your Float, compression, reeds and make sure none of your gears are chipped or anything in ur kick starter. yeah i know that may sound weird but on my brothers yz250f, same thing would happen and half of his kick gear was broken off and wasnt catching on any of the other gears

Mine did that as well. It was running great then my friend rode it down the street and back and it cut off. It would not kick start at all but we pulled it and it started right up. Took the reed cage out to check the reeds and noticed some scarring on the piston when I looked through the ports. Took the jug off and needless to say it needed a top end rebuild.

My 02 did that also. U could kick a few times and nothing. Come to find out the teeth on my kicker was ground down.