2001 blaster !!! need help!!!

T

tibbitt23462

I just bought a 2001 blaster,changed all the fluids, cleaned out the carb thoroughly. new spark plug. i removed the tors. it starts & idles great, when i ride mid to top end is flat. at 1/4 throttle it runs great. the air/fuel screw is1 1/2 turns out. i checked the reeds it looks like boysen fiber reeds were installed no cracks they looked fine. the weird thing is i took off the air-box top and rode it around the block it run way better. I've tired adjusting the air screw in & out with the air-box lid on with no improvements. i seems to not be getting enough air with the air-box cover on. any help would be appreciated!

just keep it off, when you take it off go up 10 on your jet(if it is stock go up to a 240) keep the air/fuel screw 1 and1/2 turns out, it should be fine

i had the same problem just run it with the lid off way more power you just getting not enough air

im not doubting the other guys' responses as ive never ran into this problem. but, never doubt a clogged/dirty air filter. even if it looks clean, just peace of mind it and clean it again.

Thanks for the replies. It's not a clogged air filter , I've tried to run it with no air filter with the air-box lid on with still no mid-top power. As soon as the air-box lid is off power is there.

im having similar issues. Check for air leaks. Such as around your intake manifold gasket, the couplers on each side of the carb, and the rubber boot.

Im going to check all that stuff on mine tommorow. Though Steve (randelator) seems to think i just need to jump up in jets.

Does yours run good at high rpm, but if you kinda lug it, and rev real fast, it bogs and almost kinda tries to die for a sec?

it will not run at high rpms at all with the air-box lid on, but it has great low end & idles great.

bump. anybody heard of this problem? something has to be wrong somewhere on the bike!

sounds like you need to rejet or go with a better filter like k&n, but it could be something in the air idle, does it change anything when you turn it in or out? if not there has to be something in the carb blocking air too.

i took the oil injection off. premixed 32:1. now runs great. ?????????????

i have the same problem but mines backwards!! i have no bottom end or trottle response until the top end!!