2000 blaster wont start

ready2ride

Jan 19, 2013
Rockford IL
I just picked up this blaster, the guy i bought it from said it ran fine until he went through a puddle with it. If I spray in starting fluid in carb it will start up and run until starting fluid is gone then dies out, I checked the plug and took off carb twice and cleaned it but still no start. I dont know a lot about these quad but am willing to learn can anyone help me on where to go from here, the fact that it does run tell me all is working good. I thought this has to be something with the carb as it is getting gas thank you in advance JOe

Make sure it is getting gas to the float bowl by cracking open the drain screw to see if you have a continious dribble of gas flowing out of the drain hose.

If not the petcock or the needle and seat could be blocked.

Broken reeds can make it no start as well.

First Welcome to the dirtpile I:I

How exactly did you clean it? You have to take it completly apart. I prefer to soak, but spray cleaner should work. By useing a Repair Manual you'll see
ALL the parts, plus it will explain how to set float level. I like to blow air both ways thru every hole I can see on the carb. :D Do this , then report back with results.
Also check vent in tank cap and vent hose.