2000 blaster Resurrection

This is of a car cylinder. But a better view of cross hatching

cross_hatch.jpg

Reactions: Neverripped
Doesn't sound like a very good builder, if you could get a pic of the cylinder up that would tell us a lot. Does it have good crosshatching, here's one ken posted, how it should be, but it is hard to see in the pic
blaster-2-jpg.12784
Yea his building skills are pretty questionable at this point! I will check for crosshatching tomorrow when there's more light as for a pic won't be able to unless someone comes over with a good phone or until I get my phone fixed or replaced :( Thanks for the response T

Well finally got around to taking the head off to see what the deal is as I was taking off one of the head nuts the stud came with the nut. from the looks of it it was helicoiled and didn't take I'm guessing.and the head gasket (namura) doesn't look like it's sitting completely flat on the cylinder is this normal? And how can i tell if cylinder was bored,honed etc I wish I could take pics but my camera on my phone don't work since I took it to the cheapest place I could find for screen replacement someday I'll learn you get what u pay for oh and on top of the (namura) piston it's stamped 67.42 I'm thinkin bout just gettin a brand new cylinder I will have to get new piston also correct? The reason for new cyl is this the exhaust stud holes are stripped the one head stud coming out and one of the reed bolts snapped off In the cyl hole < I did that one snugging them up didn't take much didn't realize they only take 5.8 ft lbs any input is greatly appreciated

That cylinder depending on how bad it is has a bore or 2 left in it.

If you go the new cylinder route, watch out for the cheap "new" cylinders on Ebay. A few people here have run them, but had to do a lot of work to get them to that point.

Look for a good OEM used cylinder on a low bore. Get it freshened up matched to a piston, and your well ahead of the game.

That cylinder depending on how bad it is has a bore or 2 left in it.

If you go the new cylinder route, watch out for the cheap "new" cylinders on Ebay. A few people here have run them, but had to do a lot of work to get them to that point.

Look for a good OEM used cylinder on a low bore. Get it freshened up matched to a piston, and your well ahead of the game.
Thanks a lot that's prob the ones I was looking at too! niche brand for 150$ So how about the dome it has some good gouges,nicks and dings in it get a good used one of those too or can it be resurfaced

Thanks a lot that's prob the ones I was looking at too! niche brand for 150$ So how about the dome it has some good gouges,nicks and dings in it get a good used one of those too or can it be resurfaced

You have a good head right now! Just send it to KOR to get it modified. Then its cleaned up, you have more power. Kind of killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

I'm not sure of the exact price Ken charges for the mod, but its money well spent when your into your blaster this far.

You have a good head right now! Just send it to KOR to get it modified. Then its cleaned up, you have more power. Kind of killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

I'm not sure of the exact price Ken charges for the mod, but its money well spent when your into your blaster this far.
ok thanks dirty u guys are a big help

image.jpg
image.jpg
Well got a pic of the head and gasket but I had my nieces car in the garage so couldnt really pull it out and get a good pic of inside the cylinder but will in the next couple days... Just noticed the paint on the top of the piston wonder how that happened o_O

Last edited:
Ok got a couple of ok pix of inside the cylinder don't look cross hatched to me but I don't kno ish what u guys think
image.jpg
image.jpg

Don't mind the piece of leaf in there it came off my sleeve when I went to take pic I took it out fired up the compressor n gave it a quickey blow job

Last edited:
That honing leaves a lot to be desired!

That honing is the worst job that I have ever witnessed. I could do better with a wet brick!

There are still vertical scores in the cylinder which should be machined out!

I can see no chamfering of the ports.

Just who is responsible for that work?

That honing leaves a lot to be desired!

That honing is the worst job that I have ever witnessed. I could do better with a wet brick!

There are still vertical scores in the cylinder which should be machined out!

I can see no chamfering of the ports.

Just who is responsible for that work?
Lmfao "wet brick" well Blaaster I sent it to a small shop in tonawanda,NY called Akron Motorsports I'm not sure if he did it himself or sent it somewhere else or what but I'm pretty pissed I gave this guy 700$ for a "full rebuild" every gasket he replaced leaks air or fluid not to mention the cylinder situation I mentioned the exhaust studs being stripped n he says I seen that wtf do you mean u seen that y didn't u fix it then the one head stud he helicoiled came out when I took the head off and the drain plug was pretty mangled n he said he didn't want to mess with it I got it out no prob and replaced it I'm about 1300$ into this blasty now n it's not in running condition and needs all new bearings tie rods sprockets chain I got 5 kids and had hoped to get the whole family into the sport eventually but Im ready to throw the towel in now! I just don't know what to do anymore everytime I deal with someone I get screwed over seems like :(:(:(

Following pics lifted from the Akron Motorsports page.

Question, would you be prepared to have your engine built in the pictured environment?

image.jpg

Following pics lifted from the Akron Motorsports page.

Question, would you be prepared to have your engine built in the pictured environment?

View attachment 13309
yea I guess I should of investigated a lil before I just gave him my motor but in my defense I only seen the office part when I went to his shop but what's done is done.ken gets all my business from now on even if it does cost lil more to ship it to him atleast I'll know it's done right what's funny is I thought I would get it back quicker having it done local boy was I wrong 3 months