2000 blaster 200 fresh top end

no leak test. new piston and rings new carb. I ran it up to temp 4 times before I rode it and yea I know it was dirty I took the video right after the first ride

I have had four strokes all my life but rode a friends blaster and loved it so I bought on just not sure if it sounds good or ?

its hard to tell how it sounds in a video....do these things so we can determine the health of your engine.
leak test with a 2 stroke leak tester....if it holds 7 pounds of air for a half hour without leaking its good there
compression test....should be around 120 psi

answer these questions and get back to us

its hard to tell how it sounds in a video....do these things so we can determine the health of your engine.
leak test with a 2 stroke leak tester....if it holds 7 pounds of air for a half hour without leaking its good there
compression test....should be around 120 psi

answer these questions and get back to us
ok thanks for the help I will test this weekend and get back to you!

just a new piston

that could be a problem.... you put $100 piston into an old bore. Think about it, the piston that was in there before failed, why would you just throw a new one in without boring it? How do you know that the old bore is fir for the new piston? For an extra $40-60 you could have a new top end that was done properly...

when I picked this blaster up there was no head on it at all the guy had the bottom end done at a local shop and then it sat for some time with a rag in the top so nothing got into the motor he had the paperwork on what all was down I picked up a head from eBay and put a new piston and rings on

proving my point even more, should have bored the cylinder to match the piston. Did you buy a cheap cylinder kit with stock bore? If so, there again lies the problem. If you bought an oem cylinder, how are you sure the piston was the right size?

proving my point even more, should have bored the cylinder to match the piston. Did you buy a cheap cylinder kit with stock bore? If so, there again lies the problem. If you bought an oem cylinder, how are you sure the piston was the right size?
Right I see what your saying thanks