2 strokes FTWW

Well the rz 350 is the same as the banshee engine just different ratios in the gear box.

You could probably get a shee engine easier than an rz and for a hell of a lot less.

I would love to get a rz350, I'd trade my shee and my ltr450 for one if I could. wouldn't even have to be the greatest shape lol

hell, I'd trade my banshee for a nice legal YSR80

A friend of mine had the RZ 350. It was an amzing bike. Light, fast and nimble. Unfortunatly he let another budy ride it and he wrecked it into a gaurd rail. That bike could lift the front end in any gear.

Well the rz 350 is the same as the banshee engine just different ratios in the gear box.

You could probably get a shee engine easier than an rz and for a hell of a lot less.

Actually YES, the RZ350 engine is similar to the banshee motor and many parts do interchange, but the main difference isnt the tranny ratios, it's the electronically controlled mechanical power valves.

Here is one for sale on ebay right now. Yamaha : Other in Yamaha | eBay Motorcycles

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually YES, the RZ350 engine is similar to the banshee motor and many parts do interchange, but the main difference isnt the tranny ratios, it's the electronically controlled mechanical power valves.

Here is one for sale on ebay right now. Yamaha : Other in Yamaha | eBay Motorcycles

I know this.

Aftermarkets got that taken care of though.and by the time you found an original rz and put it back to stock youd be money ahead to just build with aftermarket parts and be stronger and faster in the end.

As for the gm diesel you can keep it.gimme a powerstroke any day of the week!

Last edited by a moderator:
my buddy had an RZ, I wanted to buy it from him but he sold it instead. i am still working on building one up from parts, just it's low on the priority list lol

side note about the RZ/Shee engines. the RZ crankcases were made with much more precision than the banshee cases, bearing surfaces are truer, castings look much cleaner, and the crank area is more consistent(trenching RZ cases is much more consistent than trenching shee cases)