2 Blasters for the kids

stacypfingsten

U.S.N. Veteran.
Apr 8, 2014
norcal
Well I started out just looking for 1. My son had out grown his LT80 and I thought a Blaster was a good choice. He's 12 and figured he could grow into it. As it turned out my oldest a girl 16 wanted one also. So I ended up finding a set of 2 an 89 and a 90 with a trailer for $1700. Both quads ran good. The 89 had recently been rebuilt. I've since replaced back tires on the 90. I've also switched to Banshee front shocks and 400ex in the rear. I have so much to learn about quads. But I am learning slowly. This forum has already helped me so much.

Welcome to the forum, you will not be sorry that you chose a Blaster if you maintain it well.

Next thing to do is to leak test them to make sure that the children can continue riding for a long time yet.

welcome. if one is leaking, try to find out where. if it is just around the clutch cover, you will need a new gasket, no problem to replace. if it is a seal, thats a little harder cause you have to get a tool inside the lip of the seal to remove it. but putting them back in is easy. also get yourself a service manual to follow. it will pretty much cover both machines. now if the leak is from the case mating surface due to improper assembly from a rebuild, that can be pretty hard for a first timer. but everyone on here can walk you threw everything with good communication.