1ST REBUILD WITH MY NINE YEAR OLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

GERMAN_WARRIOR

Dec 1, 2008
NORTHEAST PENNSYLVANIA
HERE ARE SOME START PICS. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME GUIDANCE AS THIS IS MY FIRST. IM INCLINED SO ILL UNDERSTAND YOU. I NEED HELP GETTING THE FLYWHEEL OFF. I REMOVED ALL THE LITTLE SCREWS AROUND THE SIDES AND I DONT HAVE A TOOL. WHAT SHOULD I USE? ALSO DRILLED OUT ALL THE SCREW HEADS THAT HOLD CASING TOGETHER AND MOTOR WONT SEPERATE. IM LOOKIN AT SHOP MANUAL HERE AND THERE. IS THE BOLTS UNDER THE FLYWHEEL THAT HAVE TO COME OUT?

ALSO ITS BORED .50 OVER WITH NEW CLUTCHES. WHAT ELSE SHOULD I DO WHILE IM WIRE WHEELING METAL PARTS FOR PAINT AND WAITING ON ALL NEW BUSHINGS AND BEARINGS ALL THE WAY AROUND.

I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR HELP AND IDEAS !!

in order to split the cases you need special tools
or you could take it to a shop ,but they are very easy to mess up ,i dont recomend doing that part yourself

also the flywheel requires a special tool also ,its only about 13 dollars at the yamaha dealership

with the rear sprocket you will need to decide whether you want a higher top speed or if you want to take off quick

alright then. im at work and this is what i have to do. legal documents have all kindsa lame rules.

so i rather read every thread and check out evey bike on blaster forum all day, everyday

thanks. i think from researching that 1. i need the tool. and 2. i need to stop getting pissed and smashing sh*t with a hammer. lol. did u see pics on the other threads? ill let you know how i progressed tonight.

also make sure that you label wear every bolt goes to the cases because they r all different, get a peice of cardboard draw out a mock up of the case, and punch each bolt threw where it should go on the case, that way theres no guessing when u put them back together

sh*t i already put everything i remove in a big round container of parts stripper to prep for reinstall. i just ebayed a whole nut and bolt kit tho! i cant wait for all the ebay stuff to come. ive got too much to do first tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.