1928 Case CC Restoration

C-H55Blasty

Nov 24, 2014
Figured I'd start a thread over this 1928 Case Model CC that we are restoring. Hope you guys like it!
A group of good friends and I have started this as kind of a hobby thats something we can get together and work on once a week or so to work on tractors. We've restored tractors for museums/collectors or people who want to get their dads old tractor fixed up. Its not really a business because we only charge as much as we have into it plus a little extra for tools/equipment because we just love to do it.
This one in particular is heading to the Larsen Tractor Museum at the University of Nebraska Lincoln so we are basically "over-restoring" it to be far nicer then when it was new. Basically give it that show room quality look. So I guess I should break the bad news now before we get any farther. This isn't going to be a running tractor when finished. :(:( Which means all the fluids will always be drained because they don't want any oil/gas to leak and get all over or stain something. And also with the steel wheels you'd have to repaint after every time it moved. None of us are really happy about that but it was their request but they've had us do stuff in the past and will probably do the same in the future so we couldn't really say no.

Don't really have a whole lot of pics from when we started it but this is after we started to tear it down.
IMG_2605.jpg
IMG_2149.jpg
IMG_2188.jpg

After we finished sand blasting everything and got it rolled into the paint booth.
IMG_2335.JPG

Have a lot more pictures of it throughout the painting process so here are just a few
IMG_2446.JPG
IMG_2539.JPG
IMG_2658.jpg
IMG_2879.JPG

IMG_2851.JPG

Here is how it sits right now. Even though its already painted we are spending a lot of time doing touch up with all the nooks and crannies that are hard to get.

Last edited:
The only things that we really have left to finish are the hood, fenders, and tool box.

The hood has been my personal project throughout. Everyone else has even started calling it “My baby” lol. I wish I had pictures from when we first took it off so you could see how truly far its come. The previous owner said that the “hood got ran over by another tractor” so you could imagine how bad of shape it was in. It was so bad that we didn’t even know if we could possibly ever get it back straight. Then someone had the idea of running it through Sheet Metal Roller. That at least got it back into a more even/flat sheet and I had to work all of the bends back into it by looking at a similar model tractor. I have a lot of hammer and bondo sanding time into this and here is how she looks going to get the final coat of primer then to paint :)
IMG_2849.JPG

Here is also the last tractor we finished a John Deere H
IMG_2191.jpg

10173753_10203559232092280_8533541716450675063_n.jpg

cool stuff and a fine job !

what caliber do you suspect made the extra holes ? :)

img_2605-jpg.22530

Reactions: Herpderplol
Good stuff. Right down the road from me is the National Pike Stream Gas Horse Association. People restore tractors like this, and display them there at the annual shows. Have any you done made it there?

Thanks guys! I try not to think about who or what put the holes there but I'd sure like to give them a piece of my mind!
@dirtysquared We usually are only involved/stay more local in the midwest. But that sure sounds like something that would be right up our ally!

Just a little update. Got almost everything back together. We plan on moving it into the museum sometime this week and once we get it there we will do all the wiring as well as touch up and detail painting to give it that extra show room look! The only other thing it needs is an exhaust stack because the original was unsalvageable. Getting it to the museum is going to be the fun part!
IMG_2927.JPG