06 SE Blaster fix or part out

lofosho97

Sep 15, 2012
I got an 06 Special Edition Blaster that a friend gave me for doing some work for him. It has been wrecked and the frame was bent right behind the front lower control arm mount. It also needs a top end. The drain plug is rounded off and it looks like they used a punch to try to get it to turn but the punch mark is so hard and deep that it might have got into the threads of the case a bit. Not sure if it is safe to try to bend the frame back or not. Also thought about welding a gusset there to strengthen the damaged area. Other than that its in pretty good shape. Just dont know if its worth fixing or should I part it out and try to recoupe my money? What are the chances it will bend back or worse break?

I got an 06 Special Edition Blaster that a friend gave me for doing some work for him. It has been wrecked and the frame was bent right behind the front lower control arm mount. It also needs a top end. The drain plug is rounded off and it looks like they used a punch to try to get it to turn but the punch mark is so hard and deep that it might have got into the threads of the case a bit. Not sure if it is safe to try to bend the frame back or not. Also thought about welding a gusset there to strengthen the damaged area. Other than that its in pretty good shape. Just dont know if its worth fixing or should I part it out and try to recoupe my money? What are the chances it will bend back or worse break?

You could pick up another frame for like 75 bucks, and just swap everything.

Where are you located? I have a frame or if you want to sell it ill probably buy the whole quad.

I've looked for another frame with no luck. The only ones I've found would need to be shipped and cost to much. Plus I would rather see something like that and inspect it first before I bought it. I live in south Carolina. It seems like by time I do a top end,buy a frame,and fix the drain plug, I can just buy a used running blaster.

Personally I would get a new frame and have the motor ported and piped. I think you could do that for the same or cheaper then buying a used stock one....

Post pics so we can see the extent of the damage. If it were me I fix it, pc the frame and port/rechamber the top end. For a relatively small investment you will have the newest, most desirable Blaster that looks great and has an ass kicker of a fresh motor. Hang out here for a week or two and you should be able to find a cheap frame that isn't too far away .

I really would love to rebuild it. That's why I took it for payment. I have a new baby girl that's draining my pocket right now along with my wife's job cutting her hours. I'd really like to put the 240 big bore kit on it also. That has been my dream for years.I just don't have the money at the moment. I also start school in august. This forum rocks. I wish I found it years ago. If I did keep it it would take a while to get it going and I don't know if I could stand it taunting me in the garage. I just don't know.

Don't be so quick to throw in the towel !!!
Put an add on C L with slightly different titles you could have at least three going at one time, one in General wanted, motorcycle, and rv's. Wouldn't even have to be an 03+ frame. Cut the tabs off the bent frame, weld to new I:I.

Also there is nothing like a quick rip after too many diapers or too much school work.

Besides, you'll still end up with stuff left over, trust me. :D

Don't be so quick to throw in the towel !!!
Put an add on C L with slightly different titles you could have at least three going at one time, one in General wanted, motorcycle, and rv's. Wouldn't even have to be an 03+ frame. Cut the tabs off the bent frame, weld to new I:I.

Also there is nothing like a quick rip after too many diapers or too much school work.

Besides, you'll still end up with stuff left over, trust me. :D

I've checked salvage yards and done the CL thing with no luck. My brothers Blasty is in my shop also so its not like I don't have anything to ride. I don't mind spare parts. I'm sure it won't be my last blaster. Its certainly not my first.