05 blaster, is graying plugs....

Copenhagen_boy

Mar 30, 2014
Not sure how else to really put it.. smells kinda fouled and is medium gray in color, but fires fine.. any imput?

What is that and how would that tell me anything? what is that, what does i do an how will that alone tell me anything lol

I would look down the cylinder with the plug removed and the piston at TDC and check to make sure your piston isn't melting away. sounds to me like it is pretty lean. or even pop your pipe off and look at the edges of the piston on the exhaust side and see if it is loosing metal.

If you keep riding it like it is you will blow it up.. Pull the carb and see what's in there. report back..

Yes. they are in the bowl. they are brass. Im trying to find you a good diagram.. Lets focus at 1 at a time for now.. the main jet.. its in the bowl it is hexagonal in shape and it should have a number stamped right on it , whats that number? there should be a plastic splash guard around it.. sometimes the splash guard isn't there though.. that jet will unthread from the carb you can take it right out, just don't lose the brass washer under it..

right in the middle there..
http://yamahablaster.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/How-to-rejet-your-carb-the-quick-way-2.jpg

make sure you got a small flat head screwdriver
small screwdrivers.jpg
so you can take out pilot jet and soak it in carb cleaner. i use these.