04 blaster tors removal help

i see your viewing the right thread lol . my experiece the hardest part is the wires on carb cuz they are short:)
it been written a million times on here. unplug parking break at the connector and just leave it un plugged,unplug wires on carb then cut n splice toghther,unplug wire on throttle then splice that toghther done ....black and yellow. make sure you got the write year ...tenth digit on frame is year ,unless someone switched parts out:)

i see your viewing the right thread lol . my experiece the hardest part is the wires on carb cuz they are short:)
it been written a million times on here. unplug parking break and just leave it un plugged,unplug wires on carb then cut n splice toghther,unplug wire on throttle then splice that toghther done ....black and yellow.
Do you have to unplug the parking brake?

you have to unplug it where it connects ,not just on the clutch lever.You can leave parking break cable on if you want to soo you can use it if you wish trick is to unplug connectors all 3 then splice the thumb throttle and carb wires toghther where they were connected

yes you can...just unplug the little wire on clutch lever it looks loke something you plug into a cig lighter then follow that wire down under your headlight hood then unplug it....that one is most important in my book :)

Do you have to unplug the wires for it to run or can you leave them. The two tors wires are spliced and done. It sounds like it wants to crank but isnt. Havent unplugged anything on clutch\ brake yet

how did you splice throttle cable if you did not take nose off?? the "throttle over ride sytsem" will not make it not start,it will just limit the rev if it is engaged? tors is over rated if your bike is revving fine then its not tors,if its not starting it is something else, i thought your quad was revving stupid high? know it wont start?

how did you splice throttle cable if you did not take nose off?? the "throttle over ride sytsem" will not make it not start,it will just limit the rev if it is engaged? tors is over rated if your bike is revving fine then its not tors,if its not starting it is something else,
I was refering to the plug for the parking break. I unplugged the two tors connectors and spliced them already.

the 03+ tors removal diy calls for the throttle and carb wires to be unplugged, and the wires to be cut/connected right as the come out of the at the cdi/tors unit.
black and yellow/black stripe.............

2lvzd3q.jpg

so, the wires at the throttle and carb can just be connected instead of the way the diy explains it at just the cdi/tors unit ?

the park brake is a seperate system from the tors circut, but does the same rev limiting as the tors
it can be left or unplugged on it's own,
with or without doing the tors removal

Reactions: speedyslyder
I was lucky and it was sitting right in front of the reed cage. I believe it may be flooding??? When the gas is turned on it has a pretty steady but slow flow out of the bottom carb tube. float issue?

yup float needle is not seating and or the drain screw is not tightened all the way on very bottom

just summin i found stupid fast for yah

yup float needle is not seating and or the drain screw is not tightened all the way on very bottom

just summin i found stupid fast for yah

is that screw supposed to be tightened?
it doesnt leak when its in tight but i played with the float height not knowing what I was doing and i think its wrong lol. the bike wants to start you can hear it but it wont.

the screw on very bottom is supposed to be tight yes
drain screw.jpg

read the threads on here and watch youtube videos it will explain everything,or you can do a google search and it will bring you to the threads directly on here

"the bike wants to start you can hear it but it wont"

If the carby has been flooding for a while it could have filled the crankcase with too much gas which will inhibit starting.

Remove the plug, drain the carby, hold the throttle wide open, kick until your leg is sore to expel the build up of fuel out the spark plug hole.

Fill the carb with fuel, replace the plug with a new one, keep your thumb off the throttle and try to start it.

If the carby has been flooding for a while it could have filled the crankcase with too much gas which will inhibit starting.

Remove the plug, drain the carby, hold the throttle wide open, kick until your leg is sore to expel the build up of fuel out the spark plug hole.

Fill the carb with fuel, replace the plug with a new one, keep your thumb off the throttle and try to start it.

Its running now. Thank you blaaster, it was flooded and i did what you said, started right up after. Now I need to fine tune it and plug chop

Reactions: Blaaster

I also adjusted the floats as you said, and thank you everyone else for all the help

Reactions: Blaaster