03 ltz 400, small issue

TheSchreibs

Jul 23, 2013
Merrill, Wi
Just became part of the 4stroke world thursday! picked it up for 1200 so i couldnt resist. the mods are in my sig. when i got it all we could do is let it idle b/c the neighbor was an ornery old guy(thing is fin loud!) anyways it ran like a champ, no leaks at all and didnt see any huge issues at all so i snagged it. i took it out to my land where we had a bachelor party last night and the thing is wicked fast....only on open throttle. its misses like crazy up to 1/2 throttle then she kicks in and throws ya back. the guy only ran it in winter so the race carb is jettign for 20 degrees, im thinking thats the issue, am i correct? ive had something like this happen to me on an old sled and it was the tether, it does have a tether so i was thinking to remove it.

Would the cold jetting be doing this?

Well I decided to tool around the yard today and of course it was still sputtering doin the same crap. So I thought, well to guy told me to keep it on "prime" on the fuel switch. Well I decided to put it on "on". After a few seconds it ran great! Until it ran outa gas, that confused me but then I thought, well it ran great more lean so I have to jet it down now?