'03 Complete Rebuild Question

DirtBlaster03

Jun 22, 2008
Georgia, USA
My 03 Blaster has been neglected for quite a while (about 2 years). I installed a Nology Hotwire kit a couple years ago and couldn't get it to start afterwards.

Since then it has been sitting in the back yard and my dog has chewed some very important wiring. A couple months ago I tore it down, planning on rewiring it. Then I got deployed. So there it sits in my gargage all torn apart. I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row so I can get her up and running when I rotate back to the states.

So I'll be needing a complete wiring harness and need to rewire EVERTHING from scratch. I'm sure I'll need to do a carb rebuild. Possibly a new stator? I'm not sure, it's hard to think when I can't put my hands on the parts.

Is there anything I'm overlooking? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

First off, THANK YOU for your service I:I I:I I:I

03-Yamaha Blaster Main wire harness-Uncut -fits 03-06 - main pe | eBay this would be the easiest way, plug and play. That way you're not wondering if you have it wired correctly if you don't have spark, etc. If (which you should) are going to delete TORS search how to do it correctly. Clean fuel tank, petcock, make sure fuel and trans vents are open, change trans oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for your service!

I agree with what Larry said above me, new wiring harness. After you get it all wired with spark, fresh gas, tranny oil, carb cleaning, try cleaning your air filter if it falls apart you will need a new one. That should be about it!

I've actually got quite a bit of aftermarket stuff on it. TORS removed, oil block off, FMF pipe, 30mm carb, K&N air filter, and the the Nology Hotwire.

I've been pricing a new wiring harness, lookin at about $30. I think the problem I'm gonna ru. Into is then when the dog chewed the wires he was pretty dang thorough. They're chewed rot to the tranny case, so I can't just splice into them, I'm gonna have to redo all the leads.

Luckily I had the foresight to take plenty of pics as I broke it down, so at least I'll have some reference to look back to see how it was setup before.

Thanks for your replies. and I'll be sure to do a rodent check before I bolt anything back on. Lol

I've actually got quite a bit of aftermarket stuff on it. TORS removed, oil block off, FMF pipe, 30mm carb, K&N air filter, and the the Nology Hotwire.

I've been pricing a new wiring harness, lookin at about $30. I think the problem I'm gonna ru. Into is then when the dog chewed the wires he was pretty dang thorough. They're chewed rot to the tranny case, so I can't just splice into them, I'm gonna have to redo all the leads.

Luckily I had the foresight to take plenty of pics as I broke it down, so at least I'll have some reference to look back to see how it was setup before.

Thanks for your replies. and I'll be sure to do a rodent check before I bolt anything back on. Lol

Well that sounds like only the stator wires are chewed may not need a whole harness! And for sure thanks for your service! Pics would be nice when ya get back to homeland!