02 R1

Nov 1, 2013
Batesville arkansas
Didn't know if this was the section I should be posting in but I thought I would start a build thread on my r1 I traded for. I'm not doing a lot to it but it's nice to keep track of what all you have done.
The bad:
Needs all new plastics as most of the ones on it are cracked or disintegrated. Needs new battery and front and back brake pads. New rotor.
The good:
Has a full aftermarket yoshi exhaust system. The bike(once you roll start it) fires right up and runs like stink). Has a brand new (he showed me the receipt) racing clutch.
Im going to get the new battery and brake pads.
Also have to go to the dmv and get a study book because I don't have my motorcycle license(didn't really know I needed one :shrug) I'll update when I do more. Please feel free to move this thread if not in the correct section.
image.jpg

image.jpg

I don't quite know what color to go with yet. It'll be a while before I get to get the plastics for it. I really like blue with yamaha graphics but also really like red. I'm a bright motorcycle person so the black has gotta go.got the dang $108(GAG) battery on it today.

Well I haven't updated in a while cause funds are short but I finally managed to get the ball rolling again. Well I got the brake pads changed and a new rotor on the rear. Bike is back to good running shape. I have the money collected to buy the plastics now I just have to pick what color. I had originally picked out something bright and race-looking but after staring at the bike for 2 weeks I think I want to go back black. Finally found an image online of the look I'm going to go for. Not my year model but same look
image.jpg

Well I had another setback. Had my money all together and then thought about something I need worse than plastics......tires! Ordered a set today so hopefully be coming in the next week. Rode to work this morning haha, I got my liscense and couldn't help myself. After all it was only like 22• this morning. Didn't regret it a bit tho!!!!!