01 Build Thread

Fender13Bender

Nov 30, 2011
Have a few questions for you pros.

I have an 01 Blaster, basically stock. I'm looking at suspension and brakes now. I found a banshee rear axle, front and rear hubs, and rear brake setup for less than 200 bucks.

What does it take to make the rear brake setup work and will any year banshee axle work in any year blaster?

Thanks!

It takes fabrication engineering to make it work. Worse case Presidential Solution. If it wasn't made for a blaster it usually doesn't just "bolt up".

I would get the axle, disk and disk hub and forget about the caliper. Then I would pm awk about his gsxr set up..

Gotcha, on another note, what's a good front suspension setup? I assume for the rear I'll be good with a good hydraulic brake setup, the Banshee axle, and a 400ex shock?

Good fronts...depends on budget really, elka's are probably the best and most expensive, works, fox, peps are good, banshee stockers are better than stock also. And to make a 400ex rear shock work you have to get the bushing kit from KOR. Just incase you didn't know.

Yea I knew about the bushing kit.

Where do I find these suspension setups? I'm not looking to spend very much though. I do want it to be wider.

Welp, I went to the dark side a bought a Banshee...lol.

My Blaster is up for sale, I'm in PA if anyone here is interested.