01 blaster 200 or 240?

Quadrunner101

Mar 20, 2016
Just bought an 01 blaster 200 for $750. Guy I bought it off of did absolutely no work to the quad at all because it ran. But the guy who he bought it off of may have put a 240 big bore kit in it. Now I'm new to sport quads, this blaster is the first one I owned. So I would like some advice. How can I tell it is had a 240 kit? What should everything measure out to? And could someone please point me.in the correct direction for a decent rebuild kit? If it dose have the 240 kit in it dose it matter what kind of rebuild kit I buy? I'm also trying to find new and cheap carbon fiber feeds and reed spacers to put in it. It currently has carbon fiber reeds in it but they are needing to be replaced. I have plenty more questions but I'll end it here for now. Thanks!!

Put up some pics of top end and most of the time graiglist quads don't have a 240 kit they are usally bored .40 and they think it's a 240 kit

Last edited:
Actually you tube videos IS the way to go. O'Connor Racing has a vid showing the differences between Airsal, CT Sonic, and Vito's.
There is no external way to identify a big bore sleeve installed in a stock cyl.

As to the rebuild, how do you know it needs it? Done a compression test ? Results ?
Suggest doing a leakdown test before teardown. Might find a problem that's best addressed while apart.
I use Vito's reeds in Blaster and Banshee.

Airsal and CT have plated cylinders so really only use one size piston. Replate is costly and only way to fix them.
Vito's has an iron liner and two overbore sizes available.

It doesn't have any markings on the jug. But I compare just the way it looks to an 02 blaster with a 240 in it and they look identical.

And I just go by from what I've herd about two strokes. If you got the money rebuild them every 80 hrs or so if ridden heavy. Which I've probably out 20 hrs on it just over the past 3 weeks. I'm a very active rider.