'00 blaster wont start??

D

dwizzle188

just bought 00 blaster and i wont start. spark it good piston and cylinder is good, gas is good, cleaned carb and put in replacement main jet (other jet was lost from previoes owner). cleaned air filter, cleaned gas line and tank. what could be the problem??? only two guesses i have is that its atill one of the jets/needles or its electrical? wat do you all think

see if you have a spark...

if you DO NOT have a spark... look to the electrical.

if you do have a spark, put the spark plug back in... crank it two to three times... pull the plug back out. see if it's wet..

if it is not wet, you have a fuel problem.

if it is wet, you ARE getting fuel to your jug. now check your compression.

find out these things first.

ya i do have a spark, and wen i pull out the spark plug it is wet and i do have good compression. still think its in the carb or electrical

sound to me like its flooded, does it backfire when you kick it? or even try to start? maybe your getting to much gas. what about the air box lid, do you have it on? those can be real restricting to the air intake, take it off once and try. its not electrical if you have a good blue spark, its intake, carb or compression.

lid is off and so is the filter cause im spraying strating fluid down it. i dont smell gas, although i am using the choke and pumping the throttle some times. and its not backfiring, and yes it does sound as if its trying to start