zilla lt500r

blasters/banshees

Jan 11, 2009
Ny
yes I think I scroed a deal Im going to look at next week a suzuki lt500r "quadzilla" for 1600$ well the downside im trading him my blaster thats worth a 1000$ and giving him 1000$. I no I dont have that extra 600$ oo well The motor just got a fresh ported 540 big bore kit and a doctor q pipe and silencer. also all new itp bedlocks (black) and holeshot hd's im going to make it look extaly like the ltr 450 white and blue and im gonna have the frame powder coated the blue im so happy write now. I just have one question when I put the ltr plastics on Im going to make it look ligit ltr with the front light will it be easy to hook up becasue it as of write now it has the handle bar light like the blasters on.also what would be a good upgrade in shocks will the ltr 450 ones work how relible is this thing going to be everyone is telling me its a ticking time bomb but I no pepole with zilla's that never had any problems only top end rebuilds.

ya lets pray man lol I hope I will denetly post pics and I will do alittle project with it im going to show how I mounted the ltr 450 plastics on

you wont have to change the suspension, sock zilla shocks will hands down own a blaster shocks any day... JUST make sure you stay on top of mantainging it .. the 500r is not as forgiving as a blaster... also look around the jugg and make sure its not cracked.. there known to crack on the jug, there fast but just make sure you take care of it..

and as how its set up , it soounds like the guy knows what he is doing, the Dr Q pipe is the BEST pipe for a lt zuki...

careful starting that bad boy! thats alot of piston, if you dont get it right it will either throw you ever the bars or break your leg. also quadzilla suspensions feel great!

well im going to get riding boots just to kickstart it +im the biggest 14 year old you have ever seen im 6,0 185lbs 15 percent boddy fat so im skinny I was always a strong kid so my buddie has a zilla I kickstart it but yes it has kickedback and hurt like a bit@%. also how do zillas jump i never tried to jump one like how the blaster you need to lean foword when there stock of a jump.and how fast will this quad really be I rode my freinds banshee with t5's and diffrent air filters will it be faster then that. also what is a zillas dry weight

yea i try to get a vid he said it runs but its a little cold blood and need start fluid beacuse something is up with the carb he says he thinks it jeted weird and only the front brakes work is it like a blaster will the quad stop with the front brakes no problem I bin rideing my blaster for a long time and never had rear brakes. if I do get a new carb what size should I get and what type

it has hydro brakes.. so it will stop alot better than a blaster.. my 250x with just front brakes stopped 10x better than my blasters did,

and definatly be carefull kicking it over,

prob dont need starting fluid, turn the fuel on, choke it, work the throttle a few times, than kick it over slow slow slowly like 5-6 times, than kick to start, that will 'prime' it so it helps with starting

just cuz your big dont mean it wont throw you off. im 5'11' 255 and i CANT kick over my buddys honda trx 350R hell nether can he... he has to be pull started cuz no one can kick start it, but the 70 hp makes up for the ego kick by not being able to kick it over :)