YZ 490 motor in blaster

03yzb490

I got an 03 yamaha blaster i blew up the motor pretty hard like 7 times one summer so decided not to fix it, a friend gave me a yz490 motor with everything but a carb. I got the motor all welded in with the help of a friend. I need to find a pipe that will work tho. Has anyone done this project and knows what pipe fits???

I got a yz125 pipe that i bent a lil to fit in the frame but im afraid its gonna be to small an have way to much back pressure.

your correct, that pipe will not work, it will not let that motor breathe what so ever. look on ebay for a 490 pipe. if you want to go after market look around for custom exhuast builders.

hey question by the way, you needed to weld that thing in? i heard it was direct bolt on?

also, can you take some pictures of the motor in the frame, some shots of whatever fabrication work you did, for instance the supossed welds ect, i plan on doing this swap myself and id greatly appreciate!!!!

im not quite able im starting to figure it out. i should have images up shortly.

Picture762047.jpg

Picture762046.jpg

these are pics of my 490 build as you notice the frame has alot of surface rust, this is because it ended up sitting in a leaky shed as a bare frame for a year.