yup it happened

caged240

Aug 20, 2011
PA
ok so broke in the new top end and took it out on a poker run today well its seized up!!!!!!!!!! fML so anyone got some sweet ideas on how to un-seize it???

4266lump_hammer.jpg

Unfortunately, even as facetious as some of the ideas are (I like the picture of the BFH and the thought of C4 down a spark plug hole) there's some truth in them both. The first step is to take off the cylinder head and see what you're dealing with. A good forged piston will scour aluminum to the cylinder wall instead of disintegrating...

If you look down in the top of the cylinder and see aluminum scraped to the wall that's actually a god thing. Might mean all you need is a piston and bore....

The best bet is to pour some marvel mystery oil down the top to TRY and get something between the piston and cylinder to let it slide and then smack it down using a piece of wood about the same size around as the piston ( a 2x4 cut to length comes to mind) and drive it down. If the piston is at the very top oor the very bottom, driving it down isn't going to work, you'll just be fighting the crankshaft. The best course of action in that case may be to try pulling the cylinder off the top of the bottom end.

i've already had to loosen the base bolts, as we tried the kicker we could see the piston was on the downstroke when this ktm200 seized, busted/stuck/folded over jambed ring
i had someone stand on the kicker to draw the piston down, and then a freind and i,
evenly drove wooden wedges under the cylinder to force it up as the piston went down, took a while but eventually worked
oh, and we also used some lubrication

haha well there are some pretty good ideals i think im going to try some wd in the cyl and see if i can get it to break lose but ill probably have it rebuilt then i will probably trade it in for a 450

haha well there are some pretty good ideals i think im going to try some wd in the cyl and see if i can get it to break lose but ill probably have it rebuilt then i will probably trade it in for a 450

hey if u wanna be just another punk on a 450 thats ur call hahahahah :eek: :p :p

Hahaha, Id trade 'ya! Id love to have another Blaster and Supernoober there has seen my 450r run. Then Ill take ur Blaster, build a 4mil motor for it, and go kick your 450-riding butt again! :eek:
:D

is your 450 kick? cause i know some came elec start i might consider a trade if your serious about it

I'm not a "sacrasm on the internet" kinda fella but I'm fairly sure he was pointing out that even though his 450R is pretty stout, he can build a blaster to outrun it....

Hehe, pretty much! :D

Although...

I am going to trade my 450 for another bike pretty soon. I can't do a straight-up trade for a Blaster (already had a guy with a nice Elka-suspended, ported BBK MX Blaster ask me if I would and I said NO), but I would trade for a Blaster + $ 1,500 cash or for two quads. One has to be a utility machine that my wife can ride.

Seriously, I WOULD trade, but I'm in no hurry and want to wait for the right deal to come along.

Mine's an '04 model, and yes it's kick-only. I have a line on a GOKI aftermarket electric starter kit and if anybody was to need it, I might put it on. There's nothing wrong with my 'poker; I'm just bored with it! lol, if I don't get a utility quad for the wife I'm trading it for a nicely-modded Banshee. Thanks A LOT, PAULIE B! ;) That Hurricane Banshee of his got me plotting...

its cool yea im looking to get an ltr450 or yfz so idk what im doing with the blaster probably just rebuild and sell it to get rid of it