yfz 450 or any 450

the r is a whole new motor....and the bearing problems are from people on yfzcentral. they also have a wire rubbing problem which can easily be fixed

im 6 foot 190 pound and my blaster rips but my dad thinks i should get something bigger and ya all my friends do have 4 strokes but i dont feel left out but i would like to be able to lose them not just keep up with but idk my local lake was haveing a winter carnival were abunch of quaders and dirtbikers come out and ride all day and i was talking to guys with all machines i even considered buyin a polaris 500 auto but the ltr 450 looked good now but i like the power of the yfzs

Don't rule out the 400ex or Z400... both bigger and more powerful. I have ridden a YFZ and was very impressed, but if you are on a budget the 400's can be had for much cheaper. Personally I would take the LTR450 but I am partial to Suzuki.

i never ruled out either of them but im looking bigger so im thinking a yfz, ltr ,kfx, trx you know dont wanna rule out anybidy

I've ridden bigger 4 pokes , I don't like heavy bikes like that . The blaster IMO is great , plenty of aftermarket support , easy to modify , light , the engine can make some real hp with parts and port work . whats top speed? 65-70? depending on terrain and rider size tire selection etc. if you wash out on a trail and bend some sh*t , big deal you aren't runnin to the dealer for some 100.00 bars , and seeing a payment sit bent to hell in your garage is just frustrating . Its not the fastest , its not the slowest , its just a Blast

I've ridden bigger 4 pokes , I don't like heavy bikes like that . The blaster IMO is great , plenty of aftermarket support , easy to modify , light , the engine can make some real hp with parts and port work . whats top speed? 65-70? depending on terrain and rider size tire selection etc. if you wash out on a trail and bend some sh*t , big deal you aren't runnin to the dealer for some 100.00 bars , and seeing a payment sit bent to hell in your garage is just frustrating . Its not the fastest , its not the slowest , its just a Blast

who pays 100 for bars???? iv always bought msr bars from the dealership for 28 bucks a set... im sure my tag fat bars are pricey though

so far on the radar gun 90 mph in 4th gear on the trx450r, (still haven't gotten it to 5th gear) and more power than i will ever use.

Wolf, no offense. But an '06 TRX comes with 13/38 gearing. If you had an inner circle port job and a good web cam to make good power to 11,000rpm you still aren't doing 90 in 4th gear.
An '06 with 14/36 gearing and 22" tires spinning 11,000rpm in 4th gear would be going 86.6mph.
And this is coming from "Knowpig the Honda Luv'n Bastard". My 501cc '05 TRX puts down low 60's for HP and is making power to 10,000+rpm. And I am here to tell you, 90 in 4th ain't gonna happen without some crazy gearing and really tall tires.

You claim your bike went 90 in 4th, thats how i no you are clueless.. last time i checked compression, gives you power but if the other bike has more power it dont matterhow much compression you have then.

Did i ever say it didnt have that compression? no.

Why dont you go over to the org and say you did 90 in 4th gear and have them laugh at you.. If you own a shop you should know that port and polish, pipes filters dont make you go any faster. its all gearing for top end. Yes those things make you achieve that top speed faster, not go any faster

thanks for the false claim tho

Not 100% true. With the '06 machines, the HRC kit raises the limiter 1,000rpm and changes the timing curve. With a better cam, you will pull more rpm and be able to attain a higher top speed.

just get a raptor 660 or a 700, the 700 has the same suspension as the old yfz not the r..

i have seen a piped yfz run in person
and i have seen a piped 700r in person
i have 2 friends that own them and honestly i would go for the 700r or 660r.
the torque coming out of those things is just INSANE....
now im not saying the yfz is a pushover its far from it...
but that torque of the 700r is just amaizing

hey know, the internal gearing has also been changed on the trx450r, ratio are a little taller.

has hrc race kit, with a stage 1 hotcam, full hmf race exhaust, rev limiter completely removed with a modified hot cdi., head shaved, valved larger.

as far as 90 mph on the radar, i take all mine to the local dragstrip, i just ride it and they tell me what my top speed was in each of the three passes i make.
they guarantee their radar is properly calibrated.
no reason for them lie, but i just go on what they tell me.
seriously though is it that hard to believe the trx450r will do ninety in fourth when they already do in excess of 80 in 5th as a stock machine?

heres a video of one doing 85mph stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Knowpig
idk i stl got to do some digging but i was looking and i found a 90 lt250r( i know i wanna stay yamaha ) but this machine is nice he only wants 800 bucks so i might go with that

If you go with a raptor go with the 700. If not the yfz. 660 needs some cash to stay with the yfz. I have had all 3 and like the 700 the best for reverse and at the time fuwl injected but everything being equal the 700 and yfz outshine anything I have dealt with

No offense to you and to everyone else, but you know as well as i do when your going to put that stuff in a blaster (shocks,a-arms,axles, port work, 240bb kit, exhaust) your never going to get it back. Youll get some if it back if you part it but think, is it really worth it?

thats why i sold mine.. i had over 3k in it and sold it for 1500 not worth it imo