Yfs426f blaster build

ericbarner

Dec 12, 2013
LOGANTON PA
Hello all I'm am beginning a build I havent seen done yet I have a yz 426f that dont get me wrong is fun but when I was a kid I had an all white blaster with 240 big bore ported and polished heads FMF pipes widened extended yatta yatta and I want another ! Soo my plan is to squeeze my 426 into a blaster frame then make it all white pretty much trying to replicate my old one my questions are I know I have to raise the frame up for engine fitment so.....

1. Where would be the best spot to cut and reweld the frame
2. Would it be ok to try and use the radiators off my bike
3.What other issues am I over looking

I'd like to primarily tackle this all winter that way if its a fail I can have my 426 together in time for spring

Thanks in advance for the input

Once you put the pivot bolt threw the frame and motor, that will pretty much dictate where your motor will sit. You can use your radiators. Just have to make brackets and weld them to the frame. My build is a 2 stroke but I have pics that should help with your conversion. You will end up with pipe fitment issues since a 4 stroke pipe isn't made for a blaster and most of those pipes are made out of titanium. Bolt the motor in, rotate it down as far as you can and hope it clears the gas tank.

that 426 is a big motor. i gotta ask you something, do you have an auto decomp cam in there?

No but that is a definite.I figure focus on the majors first then get the odds and ends, I go for the blaster today I'm paying a whole 150 bucks for it!