Yamaha Blaster Cylinder "CUT-AWAY" LEARNING TOOL!

joeak47

Apr 21, 2012
Northern NEVADA!
First I "halved" it then I "quartered" it.
7768-first-i-halved-then-i-quartered.jpg

Here's a shot from the inside looking out towards the reed cage.
7770-heres-inside-view-looking-out-toward-reed-cage.jpg

Here is a side profile with a piston.
7769-heres-side-profile-reed-cage-piston.jpg

The "secret" and "elusive" transfer port (one of them). Notice its shape and how its almost flat on the top where it enters the cylinder. Also notice how it goes from "large" at the bottom,then squeezes "smaller" in the middle befor its shot into the cylinder? That "squeeze" increases velocity!

01100_3433.jpg

Here is another shot of the transfer at a different angle...

02100_3432.jpg

And another angle of the transfer port.

03100_3441.jpg

Here are the two halves of the tranfer port after I cut it down the center. I also removed the cylinder liner to show you the casting. Actually the liner fell out onto the floor,but same difference.

04100_3435.jpg

In this picture you can see how the cast iron liner is locked into the aluminum casting. This is for you folks that think that the liner is just a smooth cylinder pressed into place. It isn't.

05100_3434.jpg

Here is a picture from the intake side without the reed cage in place. This cut away will help me finish my "boysen port cutting jig" that I'm in the process of making. When its finished it will be "BADABING! perfect boysen ports EVERY TIME! Both top and bottom if you desire.

06100_3438.jpg

These are the girls next door that mow my lawn every week. They all own Yamaha Blasters and shoot Kalashnikov's. Needless to say,they're blasters never get stolen.

Kalashnikovvodka.jpg

Actually...This is a "Cut-Away Cylinder" Learning tool!!! I made this for all of you and also myself.

By the way...That "cheap cast piston" that everyone loves to hate is working flawlessly!

Anyway,this "Learning tool will hopefully help all of you that are doing,or thinking of doing your own port work.

This "cut-away" will help you see how thick the castring is in given areas,and also let you see the side profile without guessing. You can also see how the cylinder liner is "locked" in place in the aluminum casting. You can also see the shape of that secret,elusive "transfer port".

I also just up-graded to a "supporting member",and I have also "subscribed",but for some reason this site won't let me upload any more pictures into my albums.. This problem needs fixed soon,because I have lots of information to share.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you everyone. A sticky too. I'm honored.

Anyway,I have alot more pictures of this cylinder cut away from different angles,but can't get any more uploaded until the problem is fixed.This is (hopefully) going to be a fun thread.

Here are a few more...

The lighting is better on this one.
100_3432.jpg

Here it is a "Split shot"
100_3431.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Awk08
re: Yamaha Blaster Cylinder "CUT-AWAY" LEARNING TOOL!

Do you have a Photobucket account . if so you can load them to there and use the IMG code to copy and paste them to a post , A Max of 10 Pics per post Btw !!

Big kudos to you.

Takes time to cut a cylinder and you did a good job at it.

Thanks for sharing.

Sporty

That is awesome! Would like to see the cast cylinder piece removed if it's possible.

So then when replacing and pressing the old sleeve out, how do you clear those indentions, the aluminum expands that much? WOW!

That is awesome! Would like to see the cast cylinder piece removed if it's possible.

So then when replacing and pressing the old sleeve out, how do you clear those indentions, the aluminum expands that much? WOW!

The original sleeve is never removed at all. It is bored out to accept the new sleeve inside of it or bored out completely. The new sleeve is a interference fit inside of the hole. The outside heated and the sleeved cooled (or at least at room temperature). When they return to same temperature, they're locked together (to within reason)

Awesome view of the "guts" Joe.

I just added more pictures. Everybody go back and look to get up dated. I think I need to make a few more slices.

Just in case,before anybody asks... YES! the girls next door that mow my lawn do wear they're helmets when they go riding. The hats stay home.

Awesome! Never seen this done before! Always wanted to know what it looked like. Keep it up man!

The original sleeve is never removed at all. It is bored out to accept the new sleeve inside of it or bored out completely. The new sleeve is a interference fit inside of the hole. The outside heated and the sleeved cooled (or at least at room temperature). When they return to same temperature, they're locked together (to within reason)

Awesome view of the "guts" Joe.

Owe ya, That's right! That's why my name is not yellow!:D

These are the girls next door that mow my lawn every week. They all own yamaha blasters and shoot Kalashnikov's. Needless to say,they're blasters never get stolen.
Kalashnikovvodka.jpg

The middle one is a dude! YIKES!

Great pics! thanks!