Yamaha blaster clutch help

Yamaha1

May 14, 2014
Flint
I have a 98 Yamaha blaster, my chain popped off and once I got it back on I started it up shifted into first (I can feel it shift into gear) and gave it gas and realeased the clutch and the bike didn't move, it just revved high. Any idea what could possibly be the problem?

I do not want to dishearten you but you could have damaged the clutch basket, stopping the clutch engaging.

Did the chain jamb up around the front sprocket?

Reactions: Yamaha1
Yes it was leaking oil after this happen. An it jumped up around the front sprocket and actually broke two teeth off of it.

My 1998 yamaha blaster had the chain pop off and after I got it back on I shift in to gear an release the clutch and nothing, the bike won't even budge. It just revs high. Also it will roll in any gear like it's neutral. I've took it apart everything looks fine any other suggestions?

List all you have "taken apart" When chain popped, did you coast a long ways with clutch in? Tow it home with clutch pulled? Rev the piss out of it with clutch in? Is trans still full of oil?

I actually towed it home in neutral, the trans has no oil left in it. I pulled the cover verr the crankcase off and just pulled apart the clutch an double checked it. The only thing I noticed was when I pull the clutch in only 5 plates were moving while the first 2 weren't.

List all you have "taken apart" When chain popped, did you coast a long ways with clutch in? Tow it home with clutch pulled? Rev the piss out of it with clutch in? Is trans still full of oil?

I didn't really coast a long ways and I wasn't revving it real hard with the clutch pulled in.

The least that could have happened is the splines on the sprocket are sheared.

Ken could be on the money but if not something inside has broken.

It is not good that there is an oil issue as you could have broken a case, not an easy fix..

I fear that it has to come apart to see what is broken!

Am I dreaming or is there 2 threads on this subject running at the same time, I vaguely remember answering a similar thread yesterday, maybe a mod can merge the threads to avoid confusion.

Have you figured out why there was no oil? Was it full before the chain issue? If the outer hub has grooves the plates may stick. You can carefully file the grooves. Might be a how to on site or you tube.

Have you figured out why there was no oil? Was it full before the chain issue? If the outer hub has grooves the plates may stick. You can carefully file the grooves. Might be a how to on site or you tube.
I haven't figured out why the oil was leaking and yes it was full before the chain issue. I will file the grooves and see if it changes anything.

That's the wavey spring washer. It's supposed to be there. It goes with the 1 disc that is different from all the rest. In the pic below, 10 is the wavey spring. 9 is the special disc. Put them in the order shown.

00YFS200MB4.gif

The Blaster was introduced an an entry level machine for young riders.

The wave washer allows much more leeway when dropping the clutch lever, and helps to stop stalling.