Yamaha 465IT Blaster "Beaster"

Beaster_blaster

Oct 11, 2009
COLORADO
Here is the 465It Yamaha Blaster with the engine out of an old crashed 465IT trials bike. with a few minor adjustments (new engine mounts, custom built exhaust to fit w/ blaster silencer, custom plastics (raptor 700) to show its not a normal blaster, and custom fit airbox assembly).

At the ranch without the front fenders on
IMGA0093-1.jpg

blasterfront.jpg

blastermid.jpg

blastertrailingarm.jpg

still has its work to be done but will easily take you up a mountian side in 3rd gear no problem. i am running some low traction tires to keep from hooking up to much.

parts still to be added/ things to be done:

- engine balance
- engine rebuild (ring, bearing, seal replace, possiable overbore)
- new Toomey exhaust kit
- lonestar extended trailing arm
- +6" rear axle
- extended a arm kit
- Full chassis skid plates including a arms
- probably more to break between now and finish but that's a start
- Seat belt---not really but it could be handy

lets see... with all that left to be done. im shooting for it to be finished by next summer/fall. but we all know how schedules go. so lets say 3 years from now.

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of fun! I don't like that raptor front fender though, another member has a raptor rear fender with 03' style front and it looks mean! I think that would really make your bike stand out.

+1 to that. The front looks weird but that back looks nasty. O and BTW the plastic is from a 700 not a 660 ;)

Nice work. I:I I really like hybrids, especially when they're Yamaha through & through.:D Plastic looks nice, even the horse likes it!

nice build bro, i'd like to see some closer motor pics, and by the way, thats a baaaaadaaaaasssss paint (the horse, for those who dont know), i had a chestnut with white clouds on his sides before, yeah stallion, he was so nasty, damn, makin me miss havin horses

Last edited:
not a fan of teh plastics, but i am interested in how that engine fits in there....mabe a close up side view?

i like the plastics i think the reason people and i may not like them is because of the stock hood its to flat it needs to flow more with the curvy rappy plastics and the headlight kinda screw me up i would get rid of it or put rappy headlights on if possible.. and motor pics

thanks all!, it really means alot.
I have put alot of thought into this bike. i wish my camera had video capabilities to show how mean it is. enough power that in neutral you rev it up and the bike sinks just from the power spinning in the motor. hard to believe without the video so i may just have to borrow someones and see what i can do. but i will definatly get some more pics of the engine. and also the rear plastics were just lots of cut and cut some more but dont cut to much. lol what it really came down to is the whole rear fender section is 2 wings with the blaster plastics airbox cut to fit in with the wings bolted atop.(i will get some pics). nothing has been polished up yet but the basic idea is out and now its time for the real build to begin. the hood idea is a brilliant one thank you for that one, after looking at the pics it would add alot of look to the bike.

can anyone help me find: these are the things i have found very few things of or nothing at all of and would help me a ton if you could help. or if you have some your getting rid of.

-new tires with street tread and are dot approved and monster grip
-nice rims

As requested some more pics of the motor. i took a ton of pics these are the best i got but it shows the motor.

This is what it started as:
IMGA0599.jpg

and so far i have:
IMGA0277.jpg

Kick Side
IMGA0276.jpg

THE 465IT fits almost to perfect. Note the reinforcement on the engine mount..... only way i can keep it from ripping the mounts off the weld.. a good old piece of heavy duty chain to keep it in place until i can mount it in more spots... also note how the exhaust comes out and around the frame not through like the 200cc. and of course the much larger motor and head and carb.
IMGA0278.jpg

IMGA0281.jpg