Wont start

Ghost

Apr 24, 2013
Well i was riding my blaster yesterday, took awhile kicking it to finally get it running but after that it ran fine. I would shut it off, would start right back up. Its just that initial process that takes forever.

Well today i tried starting it and nothing. Fresh tank of gas, tried the choke, tried pop starting it, so i established it will not start.

My question is, what does it sound like the problem is and what do i start checking first? Is it a fouled plug, or something more serious?

I know im probably going to hear, leak test, compression test, test test test. Well im not that mechanically educated and would have to order testers. So i hope it doesnt come down to that.
Not only is it a bummer that i couldnt go riding on this beautiful day, nobody would take me for gas for two days when the gas stations like right down the street,few minutes away, offered money, etc, so i decided to strap a 5gal tank on the rack of my 3 wheeler and ride it down the highway. Man the looks you get from that. Took the trails back though.

And thats my day folks.

Test test test lol.but it's true. Just as if you need gas you need a leak tester. First of do you have spark?? Do you have gas? Lol..

I have gas but it wont start. But it ran yesterday. So it could be the plug. Im going to take it to my neighbor, he works on bikes. Gonna have to tow it out of my yard though. Its like a hill climb just to get it out. Will be fun.

Why do you think it's the plug? Have you been fouling plugs? That's one problem there if you are. Have you pulled the plug yet.

No i have not, but im hoping its something simple like that. Something i could fix myself.

A bike with low compression will be hard to start. You can borrow one from an auto parts store if you leave them a deposit. Unfortunately testing is the only way to trouble shoot problems. We can guess at it all day. Some easy things to check
Clean airfilter
New plug
Clean carb
Float height correct
Check for spark
Fuel fresh and coming out of tank
Process of elimination, you need fuel, air, spark and compression for your quad to run.