Wiring Harness Mods

Braaaptor

Dec 1, 2009
Hamlet, NC
I've been thinking about this for awhile, and I guess I'll go ahead and see who's interested.

AWK08 does the slick rear hydro brake kits, so I figured I'll offer wiring harness mods. I can take out your TORS wiring, take out oil warning light wiring (for those of you who aren't running injection any more), repair cut-up factory harnesses, and strip out ALL the un-necessary wires and make you a 'racing' harness.

Ship me your wiring harness, let me know what kind of work you want done on it, and I'll do the mod, test the harness, and ship it back to you for $ 25.00 flat.

Not out to make a lot of $$ with this, just figured I can help some Blaster Bro's out who don't want to tackle wiring problems.

I can do '88-'02 harnesses AND '03-'06 harnesses. I will do the TORS mod on the '03-'06 harnesses in such a way that you can't tell anything has changed.

If I have enough interest, I'll start offering custom colored electrical tape for $ 5.00 extra. Red, yellow, blue, green, etc... just gotta find some. For now, you'll get it back taped up in standard Factory Black. lol

Let me know if you're interested. I work fast...I'll get on it as soon as I get the harness in the mail.

-Braaaptor-

Last edited by a moderator:
hell yeah its a good deal. i have a warrior i wouldnt mind eliminating alot of the wiring on

Thanks for the support, guys! As of now, I'm gonna stick to Blaster wiring mods. Haha, I had a Hell of a time figuring out my old 1994 Warrior. It had no spark when I got it. I traced and checked every wire on the bike to be sure nothing was damaged. Hand the book out for about two hours checking the wiring diagram and switches. Turned out to be a bad CDI box; thanks to RM Stator for getting me going again with a CDI/stator kit.

There's not much excess wiring you can eliminate on a Warrior. Most of it is needed for the electric start and CDI system. The neutral safety start switch and clutch safety switche are about all that can go...

well i am swapping everything over from a partor 350. wiring harness, carb, battery, cdi, engine, kill switch, key switch...

I wonder if he still offers it. My harness is messed up!

Bump! PM sent.

Yes, I am still offering this service for anybody who is interested. For those who have seen this thread in the past, I was originally charging $ 15.00 for this service. Unfortunately, due to the rising cost of shipping, I have had to increase my price to $ 25.00. Sorry for having to go up, but $ 25.00 is still reasonable IMO, and its here to stay. I don't plan on having to raise the price any more in the future.

If you are interested in having your wiring harness fixed, send me a PM and we'll work out the details.

Also, I can test stators and ignition coils for you at no extra charge. If you send me your wiring harness to be fixed, throw the stator and ignition coil in the box and I will ohm it out to be sure it is in within spec. I can't guarantee your plug will fire when you get the harness back...the CDI box could still be bad...but at least you'll know exactly what's wrong if you still have no spark. I:I

hell, you might as well add carb cleaning/rebuilds to this list ???,
those of us who have witnessed it in person, on a mountain no less, know your a master at it !!!!!

Carb thread started!

FYI, I see several good used harnesses for sale cheaply on ebay. I'm going to try and snatch up a few to fix and have on hand to sell outright. Hopefully in the $ 35-40.00 range, ready-to-go. Maybe less if you send me your old one as a core. I:I

Here's some before and after pics for all to see:

Before: (Straight off a used and abused Blaster)

photobucket-23217-1356297864106.jpg

After:

photobucket-36818-1356297825863.jpg

The two harnesses in the pic above are "racing" harnesses. They have been stripped of everything but the basic wires needed for the engine to start, run, and be shut off with an aftermarket kill switch.

However, I will gladly simplify and repair a factory wiring harness and keep the headlight wiring for those who wish to continue to run lighting on their Blaster. The two customers above wished to have the most basic setup.

I use crimp ferrules, heat-shrink tubing/connectors, and 3M Super 88 electrical tape when repairing harnesses, to ensure that everything is fastened down tightly and waterproofed as well as possible prior to reassembly. Also, I add a dab of dielectric grease to all female connections prior to shipping it out. You won't get cheap tape or loose connections back from me.

Also, just in case I didn't mention it before, the price is the same for this service, no matter what year Blaster you have. I do the TORS mod differently for 2003 + Blasters, but the price doesn't change. Still $ 25.00. I:I

Hey are u still offering this if so how can I get it to u I want all of the safety switches deleted including tors and the oil injection and also the headlights

Hey are u still offering this if so how can I get it to u I want all of the safety switches deleted including tors and the oil injection and also the headlights

he hasn't been on here in a few years, there is someone a few guys have been using, but I'm not sure who