will o3 rear caliper mount to 00 carrier?

codeman

Feb 2, 2011
washington state
hi there, I was thinking about switching out the p.o.s. rear brake setup on my kids 00 blaster and was wondering if the 03 and up setup will mount right up if i use the footpegs from the 03 and newer? thanks

i think you need the carrier,axle and disc also

You will need the carrier for sure.There are alot of variables in what you do.You can use the 03 and up pedal and peg but you still need to weld a bracket on to hold the master cylinder and resorvoir.You can make the stock axle work with that setup but at that point you mine as well just get a blaster 03-06 brake hub or bansheee brake hub(same part) and a banhee axle and get the whole setup.A shee axle will give you about 1 3/4inch each side.It all depends how far you want to take it.You could also p.m. the awkster above me and he will atleast set you up with some brackets that he makes for gsxr rear brakes.If he is in a happy mood when you talk to him!!!lol bahahhahahahaha

thanx for the props dually,
like i stated in the pm i sent him, i usually don't advertise these, they sale themselves, but he mentioned "kids bike"
and i pictured his kid launching into the woods, like i used to do, when the stock junk fails to stop you in time

altcgk.jpg

2rwlqn5.jpg

Last edited:
thats a sweet setup! how much do you charge for that? is that a 03 and up setup? I would like to just find one someone is parting out and get the carrier and axle with brake hub and the pegs. then i would just need that handy dandy little mounting bracket that you make!

i pm'd you all the info, but here ya go...........
right now i'm charging $85 to build and reship the complete bolt on set-up,
you supply the 04/05/06 gsxr stuff, like these........
http://cgi.ebay.com/04-05-GSXR-600-...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5a2efe08

/\matter of fact, thats the cheapest i've seen in a while/\

they can range from dirt cheap up to $100 sum, i try to never spend more than $50 on them when i do my complete sets where i provide everything for $165
i've got about 40 sets of them out there now

heres what the general consensus is on the 03+ swap versus my kits, by the time you buy all the seperate 03+ peices,
plus still need to weld on your frame for the master to mount, and jack around changing it all over, you could have got these, bolted them straight on in around an hour, and been riding with a far superior dual piston caliper set-up, made to stop a 500lb streetbike going 150+mph
for a similar price, but way less work

Last edited by a moderator: