Will a trx250r carb fit a blaster

Bastardblaster

Jun 8, 2010
Locust grove, ga
Well I'm porting my motor and need a 34mm carb to get more gas and a trx250r carb is alot cheaper than a kihein 34mm cost $200, if not does anyone have a 34mm carb for sale thanx.

Yes it will fit without a problem its just like any keihin carb, you would just need the intake and airbox boot modded to fit onto the carb and your fine

The trx250r carb is a Keihin 34PJ, which is a flatslide carb. It requires a larger rubber intake manifold or you can mod the stock one to fit. You will also need a different throttle cable and modding to the air filter boot or run a pod filter. I'm currently messing with one on my 04. It makes serious topend right now and hopefully very soon will make the lowend I'm looking for.

A PWK35 is another option but they are very hard to find used.

How will a flat slide be power wise, like a pj or a Flat slide work better or it's not that big of a difference?

The difference bewteen your stock carb and a 34mm PJ or TM is like night and day--especially if you have the other mods to really exploit a larger carb (porting, a nice exhaust system, etc.). The difference bewteen a 34mm PJ, TM, or a 35mm PWK will be minimal. The PJ (as you have seen) will be cheaper and maybe easier to find used. The PWK or Mikuni TM would be nicer in that they are easier to set-up and tune (IMO).

In order to use any of these larger carbs you're going to need to either modify your intake boot, or buy a larger one. I'd buy a larger one. Modded boots, especially if your boot is older, can leak, crack, etc.