who uses there clutch ?

only to take off and thats it reallly unless im draging when i do that i just stay on the throttle and use the clutch to shift. btw theres a couple threads like this i made one asking if it would hurt anyting.

I'm very snappy on it after taking off, makes the clutch last longer and its easier on the transmission than power shifting, take that lesson from cars. I learned ATV/Dirt Bike clutch on a CRF250, so clutch working on every gear is just natural =P I don't see why power shifting is necessary, does it really get you up to speed all that much faster?

just treat your clutch like a car in first. If you are shifting hard use the clutch in the other gears. if you are just riding normal, clutch use isn't required

I only use a clutch for taking off and drag it in and coming out of corners when necessary. I blip the throttle when I shift and pound the crap out of all my machines. After all they're just machines and if they're not going fast and winning races, it's time for an upgrade!

i use my clutch all the time. its not like a 4 stroke where you have torque to get you to the powerband, so unless i'm running into a turn, i'm full throttle and working the clutch to keep it in the powerband and shift gears

I use it all the time to. Slipping the clutch is a big help in putting down as much power as you can. I do it to keep in the powerband and help control wheel spin.

when im racing i only use it for down shifting, start and tight corners. when i am just riding i clutch always.

if you talk to almost anyone who races a two stroke, they will tell you alot of your speed is in your clutch. if i start to bog down in a corner, i slip the clutch and bring it back up to the powerband. when i'm entering a corner, i pull the clutch, downshift to whichever gear i need, and brake while kicking the back end out all at the same time, rev it up and dump the clutch to keep it sideways through the corner. just listen to the 2 stroke bikes on the track. you can hear the rider working the clutch

From your trannys standpoint no clutch upshift are not a problem,
but downshifting (backloading) the tranny is one of the hardest things on it.
Also extreme backloading is hard on your top-end from no gas/oil going in but the rpms are up from the downshift.

when i'm racing i only use the clutch at the start line and down the straight to get the holeshot but apart from than i never use the clutch up or down unless i'm under pressure because most quads and and dirt bikes have sequential gearbox's they only need to click into gear jst a little blip will do