Which Carb?

recruiter101st

Apr 24, 2011
Champaign, il
I know this has been asked many times.
What carb should I go with and where can i find it cheap?
here are my mods, Bored .60 over, weisco pistons, Trail ported, Boyseen reeds, FMF fatty, FMF powercore silencer, Reed spacer, Alum. Air box, uni filter. before the new trail port and bored .60 I had a 30mm OKO on there and really liked the OKO. does OKO make something 34mm or bigger? I currently have a 34mm or bigger intake on the bike.I need something quick I have a 34mm mikuni round slide in the garage but cant get the thing to idle down it wants to idle high, I like keihin carbs and have always had good luck tuning them and I am familiar with them. Thanks guys~!

Have you tried changing pilot jets in your 34 Mikuni? A 33mm Keihin PWK would work well for you.
I wouldn't go any bigger on a stock bore, stock stroke motor though.
Also what was wrong with the OKO? That should still work well for that setup. You may lose too much bottom end with a bigger carb.

Doesn't make a difference about the bore size unless its a bbk. I'd try the 30 oko since you have it and see how it does. If you want a larger carb and want a Keihin then I would suggest the 33mm PWK.

My father just called and said that he believes he figured the 34mm Round slide mikuni carb out, says the brass fitting on the carb was stopping the cable from allowing the slide to sit all the way in. Says it should work fine now, so Im going to drive an hour to see if he is right. You really thing a 34mm round slide is too big?

Try it and see. It won't hurt anything. It will be more top end bias with the larger carb.
See if you like it. Be sure it's jetted correctly. If you need more bottom end try a smaller carb.

put the 30mm OKO back on runs great of course. I am still breaking in the motor so taking it easy for now. But what does everyone think? The right carb for this setup or should I go bigger?

I dont think you need anything bigger than the 30mm your porting and .060 overbore will get all they need from the 30mm. you may be able to get a little more topend out of a 33mm carb but probably not that much more than you will get from the 30mm. I know if you were in a big bore or a stroker motor you would need the 33mm but since you have neither there realy is no need to go bigger. you could change sprockets to get more speed if you want?