wheelies

hey also make sure your back brakes work just in case if u bring it up to far for your comfort u can hit the back brakes and bring it down

ok one way i do it is be rollin a little bit in second gear with the cluth in rev it up drop the cluth n jerk up n play with the throttle or hit the power band n preload the suspension i would try the first one first

i would start in 2nd, lean back and pop the clutch.. try to find a balance point, but dont go to far back, or it can hurt. i found that out haha

sometimes its easier to put your knees on the seat with your legs sticking out towards the back because it moves your weight towards the back and if you go too high you can just put your feet down

how much you weigh? I weigh 160 and I have trouble too every time i try my tires break loose and spin my buddy weighs about 250 and has never really done any riding. and he couldnt keep the front end down, he just had so much more traction

idk if u were talkin but i wiegh 125 lol

I weigh right under 150, and I do my wheelies in 2nd and 3rd, kinda pulling back on the bars moving my weight, and one leg back on the grab bar, knee on the seat, and right leg ready to slam the rear brake on.

I suggest try 1st, pull your weight back and just gas it. Should be able to get up a little. Do it on dry grass or grippy dirt, not loose, and it should lift fine. You could start in 2nd also if you want. 1st revs out way to quick for me, thats why I use 2nd or 3rd for wheelies. Like he said above, make sure rear brake works and be ready for it, if you plan on riding the wheelies very far back.

yeah just def be sure your not on pavement. the tires grip right the f*ck away and can dump you right off. but yeah i do it the same way as blaster dude, one foot on the grab bar and the other on the peg. just make sure your in 2nd atleast. it'll over rev way faster than you think.

or you could just find a little bump like specialized said to get your wheels up a lil and just gun it. thats how i had to learn i couldnt wheelie for sh*t. but im getting better

Heres a vid of this last weekends riding trip, more to come when I get the time to post, but I figured I would post the wheelie one real quick, maybe itll give you an idea.

I was in 2nd gear here, not enough room for 3rd. Coming over the rough surface from the right to left screwed me up every time. You can also see a time or two when it was important that I had the rear brake working really good.

Enjoy!

01blasterdude Harlan Wheelies

Does anyone else have problems with, or know why when I was riding a really long wheelie in 3rd, (not shown in the vid) she bogged out, like I ran out of gas, then was fine when I was back on all 4s? Dont know if carb wasn't able to get gas cause of the incline or what. Has any one else experienced this? I should have had atleast 1/2 - 2/3 tank of gas at the time.

i always see that posted "feet/foot on the grab bar"
when i wheelie i sit as far back as the seat goes and put in 1st. and pop the clutch
and from a rollin start in 2nd. or 3rd. i do close to the same but with a little jerk+preload the suspension