Whats the quietest muffler i can install?

thekid

Nov 10, 2013
Hey guys. I have a 2004. Right now I have full fmf exhaust with fatty pipe.

1) What kind of muffler can i throw on temporarily just for messing around on the road so the neighbors stop calling the cops on me? I need it as quiet as possible.

Side questions:
2) When i first bought my fmf fatty pipe and silencer, right after where the pipe bolts up to engine, there is some sort of slip joint connector that connects to fatty pipe. It has been leaking ever since installation because it isnt a perfect seal and the kit didnt seem to come with any thing to seal it. Should it be welded? Why is it like this and how to fix? Am I losing power?

3) Also I never jetted the carb for this new exhaust. Should i have?

Stock silencer would have the lowest sound level if it's in good condition. You can use some copper RTV on the slip joint to help seal it. You need to up your jet size ASAP !

Ouch, If that's a stock carb with a 230 main, don't run it anymore untill you get some more jets and plug chop.

Put up a list of your mods to the blaster, and we will help get you close on a jet range.

Stock silencer would have the lowest sound level if it's in good condition. You can use some copper RTV on the slip joint to help seal it. You need to up your jet size ASAP !

Thanks for the quick response. Where can i get copper rtv? And any idea what size jet to install and is it hard to install, part number? Will i see a difference in performance?

Thanks for the quick response. Where can i get copper rtv? And any idea what size jet to install and is it hard to install, part number? Will i see a difference in performance?

Local auto parts store, o'rielys

270 main jet, but we NEED to know ALL your engine mods to get you closer.

-air filter cover on/off
-air filter
-Aftermarket airbox?
-pipe (fmf)
-carb size (stock i assume)
-any motor mods?

Leak test your engine before you seal it. If you have an airleak you could blow it up!

You must seal that leak, any leak in either intake or exhaust will mess with performance and possibly your wallet.

I bought it from someone a while ago and dont know if they did anything. Im assuming everything is stock beside the fmf fatty pipe and silencer that i put on.

I had the fmf pipe on my wife's blaster. I put the stock back and it's still kind of loud. Now she wants a new quad. I gonna have to buy her a 4stroke bike now