What you should know about trinity pipes

Wifesblaster

Built not bought
Feb 10, 2012
Maryland
I bought a Trinity pipe last week on Ebay foe 325 dollars shipped. When I got the pipe I noticed the welds were terrible, I mean terrible. There were at least 6 pinholes in multiple welds. It was so bad I held my hand on one end and blew in the other, I could hear the air coming out!!!! Of course I was not happy with this and called Trinity Racing. There customer service was excellent. I explained what happened and they are paying to ship it ship it both ways. Hopefully I will get a better one back.

So anyway if you decide to buy a Trinity pipe make sure you inspect the welds and look for pinholes!

That's stupid to even build a pipe with that poor of a weld. Makes you wonder what the hell is going on to even get a weld that bad. Crappy robot welder? Drunk human welder?

yeah thats pretty messed up with trinity, power pros, f7, ct racing, etc.. all being the exact same pipe. Whats more important Power gain or build quality????? Makes me wonder.......

yeah thats pretty messed up with trinity, power pros, f7, ct racing, etc.. all being the exact same pipe. Whats more important Power gain or build quality????? Makes me wonder.......

I agree! Hopefully I will get a better one this time. If not I will be getting a refund. Then I will have to pick another pipe. Any suggestions with my mods?

That's stupid to even build a pipe with that poor of a weld. Crappy robot welder? Drunk human welder?

Drunk robot welder :D While back on BHQ was a post about poor welds, don't remember if it was trinity or not. You would think that if you were building a pressure vessel (of sorts), you would pressure test it. 8-|

I've never seen welds that bad! 2 of the pinholes actually has a little bit of surface rust on them. Might have to break out the magnifying glass when I get the other one X(

wow that really is such a shame. from hearing everybody raving about the gains these pipes offer for mild to wild built motors. why cant they take it one step further and institute a little QC before they pack em up... I really am so happy with my toomey. the build quality, power, sound imo is amazing but with your build i would think BB pipes are be a better choice for. If worst comes to worst i have heard alot of good stuff about dynoports and they have options for different builds

""MOTOR- 240 sleeve, hot rods +4 stroker crank, Ken Occoner port and polish, V-Force reeds, reed spacer, 36mm PWK carb, CFM airbox, Trinity stage 4 pipe, Barnett clutch, o-ring chain, 14 tooth front sprocket, 38 rear sprocket

BODY- Custom maier front fender, custom maier rear fender, ITP wheels, 18 inch tires, 5 inch wheel spacers, CFM air scoops, 2 inch swingarm extention, AWK GSXR brakes, dirtbike kill switch, works rear shock""

Sounds like you got some build going on there!!! I:II:I

I've never seen welds that bad! 2 of the pinholes actually has a little bit of surface rust on them. Might have to break out the magnifying glass when I get the other one X(

hey you could always take the leak down tester and mod a quick rig and see if it holds. dont think it would hurt....

hey you could always take the leak down tester and mod a quick rig and see if it holds. dont think it would hurt....

That's actually a good idea. I sent Slick a PM earlier today to see if he is still making them. This build is getting to be a pita! I decided to do all this cause it was time for a top end and the bore was 68mm. So I decided just to do it up. I ride a KX250. It should be interesting to see if the wife is going to use the wussy/throttle stopI:I

meh, any a/m pipe can have it's flaws. the important thing is you didn't let it slide like most ppl would. also, trinity service is top notch imo it's great that they want to take care of you. i would not hesitate for a second to buy another trinity pipe. i run one right now that i bought brand new with no issues, crappy welds, pin holes, etc...

i will say that you're not the only person i have seen with a gripe about the weld quality though.

Just an update for everybody. I just got another trinity pipe in the mail today. It is better but still not good. The pipe has two visable pinholes on the inside bend. They are bad enough that they leak when i hold my hand on one end and blow in the other. Really sucks cause i'm spending a lot of money on this build and i have to put on what i think is a sh*t product. I will say there costomer service was great, but there pipe is the exact opposite. Am i being to picky? My advice would be to spend another 100 bucks and get a dynoport!

Damn man! Call them up and complain again! If ya got the time have them keep sending you pipes until they get it right. There is no way you are being to picky, that pipe should be perfect and to your liking. You are doing them a favor by buying from them, they should get ya the best pipe they got

Yeah I know. Just tired of this build being on hold. I'm going to run it. I will never buy another one. The next pipe will be a dynoport!

I'd go with Dynoport or an LRD. Funny though...I always remember trinity not answering my e-mails about porting questions though (shrug ) IDK I'd give give trinity the third and final chance if it were me and thats it (shrug but thats me.)