What Type of Spray paint to use ??

Wesdaman

Oct 1, 2009
Going to paint my Frame with some Spray paint.
I'm only 15 and i don't really know which paint is best for what.
As far as a i know, You Sand the frame And then spray a primer coat then the color you want.
But What Type of Spray paint or brand is best for frames Besides powder coating the frame ?? And for the engine i would use high temp paint correct ? I:I

if i were to paint mine i would ONLY use krylon fusion for plastics, unless you know what your doing in prep work and are somewhat good at it. fusion will sticks good with minimal prep work, but SOME still must be done. available almost everywhere....walmart, meijer hardware store

Yeah I dont think i will be doing the plastics just yet but i need the frame/engine/exaust all painted up. Is there any spray paint that is Chrome ish color that i can use on the engine ? That would look so neat.

ya they sell it and i have fell for thinking it would be "COOL" but its the softest paint ive ever TRIED using. i tryied it on some warrior parts a few years back but i just seen it at homedepot last night. i think rustoleum makes it....its way to soft tho and anything will marr it up. never really dries right.

I would never paint a frame without sandblasting it first.
I know not everybody wants to do that soooooo,
At least spray some engine cleaner and powerwash it first.
Then scuff up the old paint with some steel wool and wash it again.
Taking shortcuts on painting a frame just leads to a big mess and a crappy look.
I like PJ1 frame paint from RMATV.

Yeah, sandblasting is most important or at least getting the paint off best you can. Then, use a Rustoleum bare metal primer with some rustoleum paint then some clear coats.