What type of 2 stroke oil?

2000yamaha

Feb 19, 2013
United States
Hey, guys I'm wondering what 2 stroke oil you use or recommend I have a 2000 blaster with oil block off kit and I'm running 40:1 I'm running cheap Walmart 2 stroke oil now I'm thinking about going to yamalube!?

Yamalube at 32:1 is a great choice.

There are lots of great oils out there, and everybody will have their favorite to tell you about.

My preference is a Castor based oil, Maxima 927 or Castrol R30, but there are lots more. Casrot oil or bean oil as it is reffered to, has been proven as the best oil you can use.

As long as the oil is designed for air cooled motor cycles, the choice is yours.

Never choose an oil designed for weedwhackers, chainsaws or outboards they are not good enough to stand up to the alternating temperatures and punshiment a cycle engine is dealt.

Ratios should be 32:1 or more oil unless stated on the bottle. Some makes of oil can be used at a lighter ratio, but I would never take the chance.

I run Casrtol R30, at a ratio of 25:1 for extra compression, and peace of mind that I am doing a good thing to ensure my motor will last a long time.

Pay attention to the jetting as changing oil ratio, also changes the AFR, so by adding more oil you will run a gas lean mix, which leads to overheating and damage.

Bean Oil Burner since 1973:eek: I love the smell too I put a Bazillion hours on my Elsinore and it was within half the service limit when I "freshened" it up. That was back when 2s really did smoke, recomended rario of 20 :1
BTW I buy based on experience not sound, I mean smell :D

Sadly can no longer get Castrol Rin the U.S.:(X(