What jet to use?

DOUBBLE TAP

Sep 2, 2015
Hey fellas,
I just found out that the blaster that I picked up used was bored out to a 250 but he never did any work to the carb. I am guessing that I should rejet the carb. So now I have 2 questions first what jet should I use. Second is how do I know that I got the jetting right because I live in NY and there is really no place to do a plug chop run because the cops/dec are never far behind in the street and there aren't any trails open and straight enough either. All that I know about the quad is it is a 1997 that was bored out to a 250 he said 13.5 over and I put a slip on fmf. I am assuming that the carb jet is factory and is still has the tors box on top of the carb. Any help is appreciated I don't want to blow this thing up.

it is a 1997 that was bored out to a 250 he said 13.5 over

there is no such thing as boring a stock 195cc cylinder to 250cc
the guy you bought it from is a MORON.
he may have had it bored .050 over stock, but 50 thousandths of an inch does not compute to 50 CC's
see here.......
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/cylinder-bore-to-ccs.23137/

if all it has done is bored over .050 and an FMF slip on silencer, the stock 230 main jet will work.

plug chops should be done to confirm jetting, as elevation, temps, pipe, air filter, oil injection removed, ect. ect
will effect what jetting is required.

Reactions: DOUBBLE TAP
I have to mix my own gas too and there is no res for oil so I guess he did the oil bypass too. Thank you
for the fast response and advice. There is no other way to tell the proper jetting other than a plug chop? Sorry to ask again but it can get kinda hairy having a quad that wont/cant run in the street over here after blasting all the way up to 6th gear. I don't want to get it impounded

I'd bump the main jet 1 to 2 sizes for the injection deleted, more oil in the mix = less fuel and must be compensated for to keep the correct air/fuel ratio.

yes, plug chops are the only way @ your level of tuning experience.

Will more oil just foul plugs faster or will it blow the bike up? Thanks again, by the way you guys on the sight are AWESOME !!! I'm going to see if I can grab a jet kit this weekend and wait till late night to do the plug chop run. The cops usually have more important things to deal with after midnight.

Don't buy a jet kit. Buy the jets individually and buy genuine mikuni jets. A jet kit will cost you 30-50 dollars and won't have what you need in it when you can buy 2 or 3 jets for 3-7 dollars a piece and the exact ones you need.