What is the the sprocket tooth ratio?

Jul 13, 2011
I might put some 18's on my 02 blaster. If I do that I would want to go a tooth bigger on the front sprocket. What is stock tooth size? Are bigger front sprockets readily available?

13 on the front and you can easily get a 14 and it will ft. I have seen some use a 15 tooth front but they had to shave the case which i dont reccommend. Stock gears would be 14 front 40 rear. I run the 14/40 set up with my 18 inch tires and i love it but the 18 inch tires arent too good for heavy offroad riding cuz the blaster will sit alot lower.

Ratio is 1 in the front up to 3 in the rear down or 3:1 F/R

So, moving UP in the front to a 14 tooth sprocket is equivalent to moving DOWN in the rear to a 37 tooth sprocket.

I built a blaster gearing calculator you can use to see what the tires do to your overall speed, and you can decide on sprocket sets to keep the stockish top speed, which means your gearing is relatively the same, despite the smaller rears.

And honestly I wouldnt recommend 18s for anyone who didnt ride MX or very light terrain. You lose 1.5 inches of ground clearance between the swingarm guard and the ground to 18s (half an inch of ground clearance for every inch of tire you reduce from stock which is 21).

Gearing calculator is here: Gearing Calculator

To keep a really close gear ratio as stock, with 18s, youd need to run a 14t front and a 37t rear.

stock gears are not 14/40...there 13/40. and if you do 18s then go on amazon and look up "blaster parts" they have a 14 tooth for under 15 bucks. i just got mine from on there.

13 on the front and you can easily get a 14 and it will ft. I have seen some use a 15 tooth front but they had to shave the case which i dont reccommend. Stock gears would be 14 front 40 rear. I run the 14/40 set up with my 18 inch tires and i love it but the 18 inch tires arent too good for heavy offroad riding cuz the blaster will sit alot lower.

heres where ya said it luni :) you say "stock gears would be 14 front 40 rear" but i know ya ment 13

i just flipped the sprocket around and i didnt have to shave my cases for my 15 and its been trouble free and ive raced it a handfull of times so its been tested lol :D