What is the loudest exhaust??

lukewozniak2000

Jan 8, 2011
UP NORTH
I just recently bought a 2001 blaster and it has a DG pipe on it. I heard that those are junk. They are not much of a step up as the stock pipe. I would like to know what is the loudest pipe for these machines?? I just want something so people know that its me riding around. Know what i mean??

Thanks

ride around with no silencer , they'll know who it is!!!!!!!!! , you can pull the packing out of your DG and it will buzz like a million pissed off wasps . 2 stroke is like a ak-47 , very distinctive sound , and you know when a stroke or a 7.62 x39mm is coming at you

thanks. never thought about taking the packing out. If i took the silencer off wouldnt that take away a ton of HP?? I think removing packing is the best bet.

Thanks for the fast reply

Also, to a different topic.... Is it really that big of a deal to change the jetting for winter if all i will do is ride on trails and around the woods. I mean, i dont plan on beating the hell out of it. It has the stock 230 main jet in it but people say to go up to a 240 for winter. I guess i dont get why yamaha would sell something that you would have to tinker with just to ride in winter?????

Thanks

yes at some point in the temp range you'll have to rejet it, every 2 stroke ever made is this way, quads, sleds, dirt bikes, ect ect, and it doesn't just stop at the main jet either you'll need to be moving your needle clip and prolly your mixture screw around, depending on what you have done for mods it can get real touchy, anytime you change air temp, density, humidity ect ect you'll have to rejet, take a sled from iowa to colorado without rejeting, prolly make it a couple miles if your lucky before meltdown, just the change in altitude will lean er out and cook er up

put a cone at the end of your silencer so its like a mega-phone lol

i am so doing that tomorow for fun :p

for jetting you should go up a size on the main might need to do some other tuning and you should go up anther two or three sizes just for the pipe id try puting a 270 in it might be to rich but its always better to start rich then lean

whats the need for a louder pipe... none

your the type of rider that gets land shut down... not everyone wants to hear your quad running down the trail and more and more tree huggers are out there just waiting for an excuse to shut something down

its mad irritating that all you even wanted was just something louder, not even better performing... i try to keep land open, you ruin that

just saying

I would base my choice of pipe around performance gains and not how loud it is.Stay on the throttle more,they will hear you coming.

Reactions: Triple_B
whats the need for a louder pipe... none

your the type of rider that gets land shut down... not everyone wants to hear your quad running down the trail and more and more tree huggers are out there just waiting for an excuse to shut something down

its mad irritating that all you even wanted was just something louder, not even better performing... i try to keep land open, you ruin that

just saying

Agree there. Not calling my Toomey quiet, but I've heard much louder.

two-stroke_c.gif

i ran mine with no silencer and stock header cause the silencer fell off. low end was like gone but mid to full throttle it SCREAMED. it probly wouldve just needed rejetted to get bottom back

I just recently bought a 2001 blaster and it has a DG pipe on it. I heard that those are junk. They are not much of a step up as the stock pipe. I would like to know what is the loudest pipe for these machines?? I just want something so people know that its me riding around. Know what i mean??

Thanks

RDZ... turn up the volume!!! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
For me it's not about how loud. It's about the tone of the sound. Not having a muffler/ silencer, does not = sounds good.

i cut the end off my stock muffler because my bro said my blaster sounded like a skidoo.lol
kinda regreted it afterwards when id rip it to town months later ha ha
btw i have my eyes set on a fmf fatty,its a lil costly but what the heck.lol